1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting part of your bill paid for...

Discussion in 'Comps' started by AcesFull72, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen people talk about this before. At checkout they get part or all the stay removed from the bill. My question is, do you ask the desk to see if anything can be comped or do you tell them that u want to use your rewards credits to pay the bill? Do they use your rewards when doing this at the end of your stay?

2. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask at checkout and they will see what they can do. Yes you can pay with RC

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to the players club booth about 1.5-2 hrs before I am checking out. Give them my card and photo ID and just say something like: "Hello, good morning! I am checking out today... can you check my play for any additional comps?"

And thats pretty much all you have to do. They will punch up your info on the computer and then either comp some more (telling you what they are comping) or just tell you no, that your play didn't warrant any additional comps.

As for Rewards Credits: yes, you can pay for your hotel bill with them.

Most people will say that they will use your RCs up before they apply comps, but that hasn't been my own personal experience: last two times I stayed at a CET property (Harrah's and Flamingo) both of them fully comped my stay and neither used up any of my RCs.

Because I knew I wasn't going to be back for 6 months in both cases (how long until RCs expire) in both cases I had to go on a little shopping spree to spend them or lose them.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I have the time beforehand (i.e., when I'm not leaving at the crack of dawn) I'll stop by the Player's Club desk and ask, "Is there anything you can do for my bill?" I know at Mandalay Bay, the Player's Club desk can also check you out, as well, so that's my only stop. I also once had a Bellagio front desk clerk tell me that he'd apply my Express Comps then call the Player's Club to check on primary comps later when they opened, when I was checking out at about 6am; I wasn't expecting much, but he indeed got another couple hundred dollars taken off my final bill.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they would cut my card up if I took it to the booth and asked for something free.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely check with the Player's Club the night before and they will remove stuff from your bill provided your play warrants it.

7. tacallian

tacallian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    heh, I'm sorry sir, you're no longer welcome here.

8. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've gotten good answers here but just a bit more info for you... in most cases, if the host says they can comp part of the room bill, what happens next is they call the front desk and make the arrangements.

So you need to check with the front desk before checking out to make sure it happened. It really pays to do this in person.

You can do it after the fact on the phone but it's fraught with chances for it to break down.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.