1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting off at layover

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Lhammer28, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello!
    I was just wondering if anyone has done this. I don't need to check a bag and can save arounf $40 booking a flight to LAX and getting off at the LAS layover.
    I read that SW could actually sue you if you do this, I don't think that they would for one time, but ya never know!

Any ideas?

2. cjlangston

cjlangston Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is called "hidden city booking" and there is quite a bit of info on the inter webs about it. Flyer Talk is a good resource...

3. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done it and nothing will happen to you unless you do it serially. Don't check a bag obviously and it could get funky if your flight gets delayed/re-routed and skips LAS.

Also this is only good with one way tickets or the return leg. They'll cancel the rest of your ticket including the entire return leg if you do this on the outgoing flight.

4. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not familiar with the rules of ditching a second leg of a flight, but for $40 I wouldn't take the chance.

5. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    try skiplagged.com

I have done it a few times. be sure not to check in a bag. don't worry about ditching the second lag. Just don't miss your flight.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep what the others have said is true.

Hidden city ticketing only works if you are flying on a one way ticket, don't have checked luggage and don't make a habit out of it especially if you fly with a frequent flyer account attached to your reservation. Airlines will catch on and can clean out any rewards or Miles you've accrued and shut your account down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.