1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting in shape for Vegas

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Kiwijake, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gyms can be pricey but some resistance (weights) training early in your quest could be a big help. You build out your muscles a bit, and suddenly every bit of exercise you do is burning more energy.

2. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just came back from Vegas after a 14 nights trip.
    Kept an eye on my food and hit the gym every 2nd day.
    To make it quick and efficient, I use a high intense intervall training (HIIT) and after loosing 165lbs in 14 months, for me it's the best way to get and stay in shape without spending a lot of time. I do this at the ellipse trainer doing a 20/40 sec. high/low intervall 16 times and after a recovery for 5 minutes a Tabata set will follow with 20/10 intervalls 8 times. But you need some pratice before doing these short intervalls. 30 Minutes including warm-up and done.

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Screw it all! I'm there to gamble, drink and eat medium rare meat. Especially the little chunk of fat on the end. Taste orgasm!

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I encourage you to ask your wife to take a full length pic of you wearing gym shorts as you are starting your weight loss journey. Then in a few months have her take a pic of you from the same camera angle, while you are wearing the same pair of gym shorts. Then look at the two pics side by side - you will be surprised by the changes you will see in a relatively short time if you just stick with it! Continue to take progress pics every few months. It's a great way to stay motivated!

If you want to add different exercises to your workout, the ACE website has a good exercise library here:
    https://www.acefitness.org/acefit/exercise-library-main/

Keep us updated on your progress!

5. Kiwijake

Kiwijake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys,

First week down and feeling good. I'm down to 257.6, a loss of 8.4 pounds in the first week. It is a difficult time of year with many work functions and events, but I have been pretty comfortable with making better choices all around, and importantly not beating myself up if I have something I know isn't the best. In the past when dieting I have had the attitude of being perfect, and when I eventually make a mistake say fuck it that days gone, and literally eat horribly the rest of the day, which is hard to recover from. My attitude now is to not worry if I eat something not ideal, as long as it is the exception not the rule. Eat good every time I can, exercise everyday (which I have been) and not beat myself up when going out for dinner if I eat fries with dinner.

Anyway I'm feeling like it is a good start. I have a wedding, a work dinner, and a friends catch up dinner this week so know I will need to make smarter choices at two of those events, as at the wedding I want to have a few drinks and enjoy myself.

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So far, so good!

Keep up the good work!

7. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck to you. I KNOW I need to drop about 100 lbs. I am starting a contest on my cigar forum where the winner gets a fiver from the other players. Not sure what winnings a contest on this site would entail, but we could start a contest just for bragging rights( and overall health) here as well if there is enough interest.

8. Kiwijake

Kiwijake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm keen for a contest if others are! Won't be in Vegas till 2017 however...

9. Kiwijake

Kiwijake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So this week has been tough just with the number of functions I have had on. Many dinners out with drinks this week, but I have been good during the day and kept up with exercise, and in the end lost 2 pounds to bring me down to 255.6 today. Expect the next few weeks to be like this so just gonna plug away, not eat shitty food when it isn't warranted and try to keep loosing small amounts of weight, gain fitness, and keep in the right mindset - that way once things settle down next year I will be in a better place to carry on.

10. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Kiwijake

Kiwijake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.