1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting from New York New York to Bellagio

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Pocketaces, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocketaces

Pocketaces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you walk the strip or would you walk to the tram at Monte Carlo and take the tram to the Bellagio?

It's been a while since I've done that walk. Seems to that just walking the strip would be easier.

What would you do?

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd almost certainly walk (unless I was starting from the back of MC and headed to Sensi or something). The tram stop is all the way in the back by the Spa Tower, which means you're hiking through Monte Carlo, waiting for the tram, and then hiking through Bellagio. I can't imagine it saving that much time, and it's a nice walk.

3. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was one of my more frequent trips.

Before the construction between NYNY and MC, it was much easier to simply cut across the outdoor parking lot (leave NYNY out the North entrance, then zigzag through the former MC parking lot and enter the South MC entrance, then off to the tram).

Now that the outdoor parking lot is blocked off, only the East NYNY exit can be used, so getting to the tram through MC is more of a hike, however, I still think it is closer and/or less time, especially if you are accessing Bellagio from the south, or going to CP.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends... if it's 115 degrees I want to stay inside as much as possible! Bellagio is far though even from the street it's a hike to get inside...

5. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walking from NYNY and proceeding to Bellagio was a pleasant walk........BEFORE City Center came about. Walking past La Quinta/Carrows, Monte Carlo, Boardwalk, and the Helicopter pad/Quiznos was awesome.
    Now, i'd rather take the Tram or cross the bridge to Planet Hollywood going south and then cross the street at Rue Monte Carlo.
    I was and still am a hater of City Center.

6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virtues or pleasantness of the walk aside, I'm all but certain that tramming it is faster.

7. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't hate CityCenter, but it does make the walk to Bellagio a bit longer.

One point I will add: I don't think the tram dropping you off at the Bellagio spa tower is really a big deal. At worst, its about a three to four minute walk from the tram station to the Bellagio lobby. It's actually a much shorter distance than Las Vegas Blvd to the Bellagio lobby (albeit without a lake and fountain show to watch as you make the stroll)

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walking the street level is not as simple as one might think. You do have to go up and over the entrance to City Center.

Depending on weather and timing...my prioritized list is:

1 - Walk the whole way, but through Monte Carlo, then through Aria, then through Vdara into Bellagio. Get to see more things and get a little exercise. And be protected from weather most of the way.

2 - Walk to tram stop at Monte Carlo. Take tram to Bellagio.

3 - Walk street.

9. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on #1! That Bellagio tram is scary - anyone notice that it leans way over to one side? Never again!

40th Birthday Bash!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.