1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting Across Las Vegas Blvd

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Wanger1969, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Silly question, but I must ask it.

For our Mini Dam Tour, the tour bus cannot pick us up at IP because of all the construction. So, we have been instructed to meet at Caesars Palace, behind the Colloseum, under the Planet Hollywood sign.

This is on the "Mirage" side of Caesars, and I can see it from Google Earth, so it seems pretty straight forward. (it is right across the street) However, from IP, does this mean we'll have to walk all the way down to Paradise to walk across and then come back down, or is there an easier way to Cross Las Vegas Boulevard?

I only ask because there are 14 of us and I want to be prepared and know which way to go. We have to meet fairly early by Las Vegas standards (9:20am), so I'd like to trek my path and determine the time it will take us to walk over there.

Silly question aside, anyone have any guidance on the "how to do it" and the "time" factor? Thanks!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a street level crosswalk in front of Harrah's.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is one at Flamingo as well that would work better.

See google maps

4. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a crosswalk right at Flamingo/Bills.....I don't know what my brain was thinking. That one should work great!

Too much gambling on the mind, its blurring my logic.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at google maps, if you are staying at the IP, it looks like there are 2 sets of street crosswalks, one by harrahs, the other by the flamingo hotel (not sure about this one though, I can see the crosswalk markings. I can verify that harrahs has a street crosswalk though).

There is an overpass crossover at flamingo/las vegas blvd but it is a bit of a walk to go from IP to flamingo road, then walk back to the PH sign, which is north of CP (in the forum shops). Might be faster from the IP to just take the harrahs street crosswalk (or street crosswalk in front of the flamingo hotel) IMHO. But if you want safety and not have to worry about traffic then the flamingo road overpass would be the safest.

6. CIrvine

CIrvine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the crosswalk in front of O'sheas/Margaritaville closed?

7. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering how your air fares with Allegiant worked out.
    I see they are back to their ungodly early departures from LV to DM.
    I hope your group does not experience any of the late planes into DM.

Have a great trip.

Sue

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIRC there's an overhead walkway that's fairly convenient.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As stated in an earlier post, there is a walkway near the corner from Bills to Caesars area. Not convenient when you can just walk across the street at Margaritaville/Flamingo which right at the car/taxi entrance to Caesars. To use the overhead walkway, you would walk almost a block past the crosswalk, and then a good ways back. No reason to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.