1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting a witness at Commissioner of Civil Marriages

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by Bigou101, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigou101

Bigou101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand that the cheapest and simplest way of getting marriage is at the Commissioner of Civil Marriages downtown.
    The only problem is that they do not supply witnesses. I am told that the best way of getting a witness is to serve as one and ask any waiting couple to be a witness for our couple in return. Would anyone knows if it is difficult to get a witness that way ? I will get married on april 16 2013.

2. TriciaG123

TriciaG123 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe ask someone who is there applying for a marriage license?

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I will ask the obvious question to start: have you looked at getting married at one of the chapels?

Asking because depending on where you are it'll cost about $40-50 round trip to get to the courthouse by taxi and most chapels have packages in the $150-200 range where you can get picked up at your hotel by limo, taken to get your license then back to the chapel for a small ceremony (pictures may be included) and the limo driver acts as your witness.

That'd be the next suggestion: if you are taking a limo to/from the courthouse you could get your driver to be the witness.

As for just asking other couples for one of them to be your witness if you'll be theirs: that shouldn't be a problem, the place is pretty busy with people getting married all the time so you are bound to find somebody who'll witness for you if you do it for them, if you have a camera you might be able to get them to snap a picture or two for you.

Also, when you get to the courthouse there'll be a lot of people out front selling wedding packages, limo rides, etc... I don't know for sure but I would suspect that there are probably some professional witnesses in the mix who will witness for you for a fee (my wife and I were married in Las Vegas a few years ago and when our limo dropped us at the courthouse there was maybe 30+ people out front peddling wedding services to everybody going in).

4. Bigou101

Bigou101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Auggie for the info. I am planning to be downtown anyway for the Fremont experience , so it will not cost me transportation. I am looking for a simple marriage , no pictures , no frills.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.