1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gamblino mobile app

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by archie1959, Feb 10, 2016.

1. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may get moved but I thought I would share.
    I won an entry for the 2016 super book contest and two free nights @ the Westgate.
    Via a mobile app called Gamblino.
    The app had a contest where you had 10,000 points to play with and you could use to bet on the Super Bowl props, SB spread, money line and over/under.
    Max bet per prop was 1,000.
    These were my Winners and Loser
    Winner Points
    Over 2 Minutes National Anthem 1200
    Denver Money Line 2050
    Denver +5.5 1000
    Under 44 Carolina Denver 1000
    Coldplay 1st song halftime show Viva La Vida 5000
    No scoring last 2 minutes second half 1000
    Either team scores a special teams or defensive touchdown 1550
    Under 33.5 receiving yards Owen Daniels 1000
    Johnathan Stewart scores a touchdown 1500
    Loser
    Peyton Manning does not throw an interception -1000
    Trip will be before NFL season starts per rules of sponsor maybe 3rd or 4th week of NFL pre season.
    I would look into app and there is no money for you to put up

• Like Like x 1
  2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very Nice Archie! You may need a proxy for your bets next season,how is that going to be handled?

3. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Further instructions will be received from sponsor and hotel as date gets closer regarding if proxy will be needed

4. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update from Westgate: I will need a proxy and they must be there when I sign up for the contest. Time to do homework on who I should use for a proxy service.

5. Letter_E

Letter_E Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! I came in 34th in the contest they ran for March Madness. Saving $1500 would have been awesome.

I used Larry from http://lasvegascontestproxy.com/ and will be again this year. He was the proxy for CH Ballers who won two years ago. $200 for the year, $275 if you do 2 teams. Just email him the picks every week and he takes care of the rest. Just shoot him an email and schedule a time to meet him at Westgate. Your proxy has to be there when you sign up to confirm they're making picks for you. Here are his "rules" for picking from last year, and I don't see them changing:

If you are playing the Thursday game Need All 5 picks for the week by 3pm Pacific, otherwise 7-8pm Friday night Pacific - Lines are too long on Saturday morning and I like to have that "buffer" in case something happened on Friday night . .

I don't recommend picking the Thursday games, unless there's just something blatant. They were too unpredictable last year, and you lose the extra day to think about the other 4 picks of the week. Let me know of you have any other questions. 4 friends and I did it last year and it was a blast. We were up there for a while, but ended up in the middle of the pack by year's end (GT Bangers).

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a buddy who uses a proxy to enter every year, I'll try to find out who he uses.

7. Letter_E

Letter_E Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you ever settle on a proxy for your SuperContest entry?

8. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not yet. Thanks for the link. That link is under consideration along with a couple other proxy services.

9. Bookie21

Bookie21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which other proxy services have looked good? I'm entering for the first time this year, and am looking for a reliable proxy service

10. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the one I am going with http://www.footballcontest.com/proxy/supercontest-proxy-service-faq/ After research and discussions with a couple of individuals and being able to turn in picks on a Saturday morning for an extra 50 dollars is the reason I picked this proxy. I was also informed on Super Contest weekend that it can take quite a while to register.

11. Letter_E

Letter_E Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the email come across the other day saying they were pulling the app from the App Store and no longer offering contests for the near future. Sucks, I enjoyed their contests.

12. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed their contest too. Maybe the contests will come back for bowl and NFL playoffs. Last year I was in another contest to try to win an entry into the SuperContest with pregame.com . If they have the contest again in 2016 I will share with the message board.

13. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ESPN Chalk mentioned this today: The bad news is that the Gamblino app will not be running qualifying tournaments this football season. Kornegay said he hasn't had time to figure out a qualifying tourney for next year. Kornegay runs the LV SuperBook @ The Westgate.

14. Letter_E

Letter_E Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really liked the multi-sport mashup each month. And the Final Four one.

15. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tomorrow all of the contest winners are meeting with the CEO of Gamblino and Kornegay to register for the Super Contest and to inform us when we are needed in the Friday night program. If either individual informs of how they plan to get a 2017 contest going without asking either one, I will inform.

Tags: