1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gamble or pull the trigger?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Lhammer28, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all!
    So I know that this is my 9th trip and probably 5th using SW -- I always buy the flights too early, because the price dropped a little bit, but then within 2 weeks, it goes lower!
    I already bought my flights to Vegas with LUV vouchers and points, only paid $195 for 2 flights MKE-LAS, and I like to have the flight to Vegas purchased just in case something crazy happens and it fills up!

WELL, I was looking now and the flight back on SW is $254 NS, I did find a flight with a stop in PHX on AA and that it only $145...

I would like a NS flight, I am a bad flier and I will be anxious to get home to my baby, but saving $100 and having a layover where I can visit my aunt (who works for SW at the PHX airport)

Should I buy the AA or wait for SW, I know that the AA flight is going to go up, they always do.....and I just dont have too high of hopes for SW to go below $169....

Anyone have any input???

2. donfairplay

donfairplay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there refund/cancellation issues with luv vouchers and the points? I don't know all the Southwest gotchas.

I'd put in the dates into http://www.kayak.com/flights and see what the price predictor says, it gives a confidence score as to whether prices will increase or not.

3. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought that generally 90 days out was when prices were generally at their cheapest. Thats for general aviation rather than southwest in particular. So if you're within 62 days then i wouldn't count on them going lower but who knows, i've never tried that kayak thing so thats a better expert than me lol

4. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard that 47 was the magic number?? am i wrong?

5. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that on SW, you can change your flight without change fees. You either pay the difference or get credit depending on the cost difference. If you make a reservation now, you might be able to cancel your flight, receive the credit, and re-book the less expensive flight. Don't take my word for it; check if this is what you can do on SW.

6. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little update, I had one of the couples were going with buy the AA flight for $145 since I was telling them I can get them there & their stay fairly cheap, so they got RT out of MKE for $330...
    Then the next day, that AA flight jumped to $225, granted it was Fri and i know that flights go up on weekends, so I am hoping that on Tuesday there will be another sale!!!

7. RedBeard

RedBeard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard that very thing to. I cannot remember where I read it and I wish I could so I could link to that article, but, alas....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.