1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gackt

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, who has heard of this guy? He is a Japanese rock superstar and now has done some acting.

But that does not do him justice. The guy is a total Renaissance man who can do just about everything. He is everywhere on Japanese tv.

He and his band do a multimedia rock show that also includes horses.

Just wondering if his act would go over in Vegas.

2. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of him Breeze

I dont know about Vegas ,but they would boo the hell out of him in Philly.They boo everybody even Santa.

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a piss-poor Santa.

4. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While there are hoards of J-Pop and K-Pop crazy super fans (my girlfriend was a big fan of Gackt 5 or more years ago, but now would go to his concert if we could get them comped or cheap, but wouldn't pay full price for them), they don't seem to be the Vegas crowd. A group could pull a sellout concert for a night or weekend, but I don't think they'd be able to hold a residency. Several groups have done tours in the US with great success, but I'm sure it's because these tours are so rare that demand outstrips supply.

5. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why didnt the send him to Camden?

They might have robbed and killed him,but they never booed Santa .
    Sorry,didnt mean to get off topic here,the guy could be a big star in the US and chances are I never heard of him .
    If you remember there was a guy from Japan who had a hit record in the Us back in the late 50"s ,early 60" s or thereabout.
    Song was entirely in Japanese ,dont remember the name of the song or singer.

6. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back off subject but funny how the 3 metro teams have thier 'games' The Phiily fans booing Santa.The Jets 'Pumpkin' and the Giants 'Snowball' game....Just not the same down here in Fl..Dumbest thing I ever saw was Fin's fans chanting J-E-T-S Suck Suck Suck after beating the COLTS on MNF...Seriously:confused2:
    And to mention I have never been seriously hassled wearing GB colors to any games in NJ/Philly,but did see a couple get showered with beer at that Fins game wearing Indy stuff...Lame.. I hate Dolfin fans.

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The name of the song was Sukiyaki. Seriously.

This guy Gackt is nothing like that. It's really quite amazing that there is this huge superstar out there that hardly anyone outside of Japan has ever heard of.

ICAII, he is in a movie with Woody Harrelson called "Bunkuru". You have to approach this flick with an open mind, it's sort of Kung Fu Meets MMA While Stoned On Acid. Very avant garde.

8. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sukiyaki it is!

Hated that song but I guess some people must have liked it. Heading to AC later ,have to play some oldies cd"s in truck to get that Sukiyaki out of my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.