1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

FYI - Raffles at Mandalay Bay changed menu and closes early

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by landsburger, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landsburger

landsburger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

Just a quick FYI. The cafe at Mandalay Bay is no longer 24 hours, and has also cut back to a limited menu.

I walked up around 10am and wondered why there was no line. I figured it out when I was told they now only offer a limited menu, and close at either 2 or 3pm (can't remember exactly).

I was told to go to Citizens (formerly Red, White and Blue). Some may like it but I hated it.

Sad to see my late night meals go away.

LB

2. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I play at the Bay, my go-to late night spot is Backstage Deli at Luxor. The California burger gets me every time, who knew Luxor had good food. I was advised by the dealers at the Lotus Room to avoid Citizens at all costs.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, no great loss IMO. I never really cared for the café nor the buffet at Mandalay Bay. There are a lot of decent restaurants at MB, but not really sure what the late night options are

4. egelston2

egelston2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went there for breakfast on the last trip because it was comped. It was 9:00 in the morning and there were only a couple other people that were there. MB has too many options. My favorite cafe at a hotel is the one at the Bellagio.

5. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had the same experience a few months ago and wasn't thrilled about it. The Citizens place they direct you to is not a cafe and the menu is much much different. I think some people just want to have a coffee shop available 24/7.

6. landsburger

landsburger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed on the buffet, but the cafe was pretty good. Of course it doesn't compete with the real restaurants at MB, but was one of the few casual or late night options.

That was rarely the case when they had a full menu. It was very often full and had at the peek hours.

Yeah, agreed.

7. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Sports Bar at Mandalay is open til 10 pm - they have a great California chicken sandwich with avocado. But I wish it was 24 hrs too.

8. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Backstage is kinda like Tender, much better than you expect to find at Luxor for dining, the Patty Melt is our good luck charm there it seems, we have one and right after we hit a nice win.:thumbsup:

Cosmo Christmas
  9. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly! I was pleasantly surprised by Backstage, then tried Tender thanks to MyVegas. The food was actually very good, we dine at Craftsteak every Vegas trip and tried Le Cirque this trip and Tender's food held it's own against those restaurants...now if only the atmosphere was better...(what the heck is up with the pop music playing in a steakhouse o_O)

10. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have a pretty good Rueben too.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.