1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Funny Comp Offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mike_m235, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got an email yesterday entitled "3 Good Reasons to Go To Vegas". It was from the Monte Carlo, so I knew it was a comp offer and I'm not planning a trip, but I was intrigued by the title. What are 3 good reasons to go to Vegas?

I clicked on it and the 3 reasons "are all named Jonas." It was an offer for tickets to see the Jonas Brothers.

I really think they've got their demographics wrong.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They send that out to everyone with the same headline.

3. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been getting those about once or twice a week. Don't they check anything on your profile? Maybe they think I'm taking my favorite 14 year old to Vegas? I'm really confused as to why Bieber and Jonas are playing Vegas, can any of them drink or gamble?

Oh, I just realized why they are sending me these offers.....nobody is willing to PAY for the tickets.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I got Bieber too.

Shifter, at your level I'd have figured you're offer would be for the Jonas Brothers to put on a private concert. I can't imagine they're that busy.

5. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Harrahs Rincon has occasional days where you can pick up a frying pan, a teapot, margarita glasses, or some other low value, unexciting item...hard to believe they bother promoting it.

6. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once, the Quad sent me an offer for a room at 20 dollars a night, and with 2 nights, would offer me a fifth of liquor to "pre-game". The liquor choices were spelled out: Popov Vodka or Gordon's Gin.

I made the mistake of telling my mom about what a comical offer that they sent me. Her question was "How do you know that's cheap stuff?"

7. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got an offer from Aria for 2 free tickets to see "One Direction". Had never even heard of them and had to use google to figure out who they were. Yep, not my demographic! LOL

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I don't understand what the deal is with guys like Bieber, Jonas brothers, one direction etc performing in vegas. I thought their fan base was tweens/teen girls. That's all I ever see in the insane crowds when they're making appearances at Rockefeller Center or Times Square. Just a sea of tween girls and their moms. Are people that young going to vegas to see them or do they draw an adult crowd?

9. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking about the same thing one time -- my wife kind of likes P!nk. As I thought it through, I came to the conclusion that the only place I'd want to see her would be in Vegas, for exactly the reason that you mention. I think it would cut down on the number of screaming teenagers in the crowd, at least marginally.

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The population of metro Vegas is nearly 2 million.

It's just another city on a tour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.