1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

FSE Time has come and gone

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by TomTWI, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I forgot to add- imagine not ever seeing it. Tons of people will be pissed if they ever shut it down before they get to see it. Heck, I am mad Stardust was gone before my first trip.

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree..,the people there watching the bands and the "shows", aren't the type to gamble, at all.

3. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I enjoy watching the bands and canopy shows during each & every trip ... and we both gamble about 6 to 7 hours each day. :poke:

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like a few other posters, I was around pre-canopy and recall the lack of crowds and general seedy atmosphere. My last few trips I have watched people in the crowd as the FSE show starts. People pulling out phones to record instead of camcorders, everyone looking up. Is it dated, you bet. It really needs something like the Planet Hollywood marquee upgrade.

As for those who comment about the visitors not gambling. I don't know how much they spend at the tables but I see a whole lot of them buying beer, food and souvenirs. My guess, they are casting a wide net to capture some of that in gambling, along with the retail.

5. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True that many may not gamble, and they may not need to (specifically at the Golden Nugget, my choice of hotel.) Patrons of the GN subsidize a bit. The GN charges that doggone Downtown Destination Fee at $5.00 per night. With 2419 rooms at $5.00 per night, that works out to $12095.00. Not chump change. Are they always at capacity? Probably not. Am I going to watch the show? Probably not...seen it enough. Do I like the DDF? No, but I pay it, because I like the GN.

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a vegas virgin and i am looking forward to the FSE experience. It just isn't something you can get elsewhere like shows & gambling.I would be upset if it disappeared before i got to enjoy it. It kind of strikes me that it is to the strip what DTD is to disneyworld.

7. dedhd

dedhd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do agree they should change up the shows, maybe load everyone they ever created in a random manner so you never know what you will get. I miss the old sammy davis/frank sinatra one they used to run...but I really enjoy the endless summer one.

8. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our first visit to Vegas with friends no one wanted to go downtown but since I was dying to see the canopy they agreed to humour me and check it out for an hour or two. We ended up eating, drinking and gambling the night away. We had a blast and left several $ there so it does work as a draw.

One man's trash is another ones treasure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.