1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frontier to start non stop MKE to LAS

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by vegasvic, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those in SE Wisconsin or Northern IL Frontier will offer one non stop flight daily. It leaves in the evening (and returns in the afternoon). Service starts October 25. I loathe Frontier but competition is always a good thing. Currently the only non stops from MKE/LAS are on SW.

2. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just coming here to post this! I just got my email. OF course im going in Sept. but now with this as an option, im hoping SW will lower their fares a little!

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I hope too. Right now Frontier is of course cheaper. I checked a random Sun-Fri in November and they are about $100 cheaper than SW (taking into account Frontiers bag fees). But I'm sure Frontier will at least initially make sure they are priced lower, otherwise no one would fly them. Southwest has 3 non stops to Frontiers 1. And personally I don't want to leave at night.

But it will be interesting to see if SW lowers their fares any as we get into 2016.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't stand Frontier and I don't want to leave Milwaukee in the evening, but I hope it helps bring down the prices on SWA. Competition is always good.

Just checked and if we want to leave on a Tues and return on a Tues, so a week in Vegas, which is way too long for us, $193 total fare for both of us. But, I really don't want to get to Vegas at 9 PM.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. Kornholio788

Kornholio788 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait for the deals for sw I booked my flight for 130 non stop to Las and 150 coming home nonstop. Flights are at great times too

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen that low for me. Many times it's dropped a bit after I book so I rebook and get the credit. I agree about getting there at night. No thanks. I almost always take the first flight out, I'm in Vegas by 9. In September I have to take the 1:00 so I won't be there until about 3.

7. Kornholio788

Kornholio788 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They only do that deal once a year. Last two times I've gone I paid about the same rate. 129 going there and 150 back. My flight leaves at noon and leaves Vegas at 6 Vegas time.

8. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While it is good news we will have another non-stop competitor in this marketplace I will still primarily use Southwest. Since Frontier has changed their pricing structure to a "nickel and dime you to death policy" including having to pay for carry on luggage, I refuse to fly them unless it is a last resort. I also prefer that southwest flys out early so you get a "whole" first day in vegas as well. Also, the guest experience you receive from SW employees has been far superior to Frontier (in my personal experience).

9. driver01

driver01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked taking SW out early morning friday after Thanksgiving and coming home with Frontier on Tuesday afternoon arriving inMilwaukee at 7:00 p.m

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since Frontier started flying to STL to Vegas non-stop starting on Jan. 8th, Southwest prices haven't moved an inch. Still about $400 rt. And only time there is a decent sale is when they have the "mileage sale". We're usually better off driving to KC to use SWA. So don't get your hopes up.

Will be taking Frontier for the 2nd time this year four weeks from now. My back and legs will hate me as the seats are awful. But for $139 rt after one checked bag fee for the 2 of us, have to take it!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.