1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

frontier columbus to vegas

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by buckeyetodd, Jun 27, 2016.

1. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so i was getting alot of pressure from my brother and a couple friends to join them in vegas in july. i already was there in february and have a november trip scheduled so wasn't so sure how my bankroll would hold up and most importantly, what kind of backlash i would get from the misses. fortunately, she said go so i had a little planning to do.

i recently booked through sw for our november trip. used points so the $136 fare was in the 8000 point range which i was really happy with.

i got on the sw flight for july and the RT airfare was........$620 !!!!!

i have flown frontier out of cincinnati to vegas so i thought i would check what the fare would be from columbus since they just started flying out of columbus this month.

RT airfare......$240. its only a four hour flight, i'll be watching a movie, i can take the crappy seats for almost $400. being summer and only in vegas to gamble, i won't be having a carryon or checked bag, i'll roll up some shorts and t shirts in a back pack and only have a personal item.

flight times aren't great, flight out leaves at 9:55 pm and back at 11:50 pm but i guess i could get a couple of naps.

i'm hoping frontier cuts into the columbus to vegas business for sw and flights get more reasonable priced.

todd

gonna be a two royal trip!!
  2. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're flying Frontier from CLE to LAS in August. It's about a 3.75 hour drive to Cleveland from wNY for us, but we're staying a night in Cleveland before to check out that city. Flight times were good. The baggage stuff kind of worries me. We're doing one checked bag and then just our personal size backpacks with no formal carryon. It'll be a tight pack job, but we'll make it work.

It was still half of the cost of flying out of BUF or ROC, even after the add-ons, and direct which doesn't happen at all in ROC and once a day in BUF. The drive won't be bad since we're rolling it into our vacation for the week. Wish they were in ROC.

3. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    be prepared for some uncomfortable, non reclining seats. for me, the less i pay for airfare the more i have to gamble with.

4. srudude87

srudude87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm trying frontier for first time next week. 225 rt n/s from Pittsburgh, just started recently. Spirit has been stingy on prices since new CEO took over so I had to look elsewhere. Same flight times as you. I buy seat for way out since hour longer, play luck of the draw coming back. I'm like you, spend less on air and devote more money to gambling (it's about 4 hands of blackjack or $50 slot play).

5. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the employees at least nice/comparable to other service providers?

6. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have only flown frontier once before so i don't have a bunch of experience with their staff. the one trip i did have everyone seemed very nice, i had no issues. my plane did use a gate that i had never used at mccarron before. seemed as if it was a longer walk to the taxi area. guess the extra minute or two walking wasn't a big deal for me.