1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

From the Airport to the Flamingo via In N Out Burger

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by quincymcgee, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quincymcgee

quincymcgee Newbie

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has done this just as yet? I'm coming straight off the plane and heading to In N out (hopefully through Drive Thru) and heading to the Flamingo. What's the best route? And how long are the queues at the Drive Thru? How much should the cab ride be?

Thanks!

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to the one on Maryland Pkwy it's only a few blocks out of the way, I'd say $17.75 for the cab ride if the drive thru isn't too crowded.
    Would you offer to buy the driver a couple of burgers too?

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  3. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could catch the CX bus that makes a stop at UNLV right beside an I&O. The ride is $2.00 and is good for 2 hours. Don't know bus route from there but cab would a hell of a lot less than paying the airport adder plus wait time
    Check our CX times to see if they approximate your airport exit time. This should save you a ton of $

Annual end of the rodeo trip
  4. gguerra

gguerra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is our go to destination as well. We leave the car rental and drive Las Vegas Blvd to Mandalay Bay road and turn right. It becomes Giles Street and you follow this to East Reno Avenue and follow that to Tropicana. Right on Tropicana to Maryland Parkway and left on Maryland. In-n-Out is on your left.
    We leave there and go along Maryland to Flamingo, turn left on to Flamingo and then right on Koval to the first set of lights which is Winnick. Turn left and it takes you to the Linq or Harrahs parking garage.

6. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I avoid the one west of NYNY because of the lines, drive through or inside. If there's a lineup, you'll have huge cab fare.

7. m.clizzle

m.clizzle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done this in the past. We often arrange for Presidential return trip. And the driver has always been more than accommodating to stop on the way to the hotel, and also on the way back to the airport.

8. quincymcgee

quincymcgee Newbie

Thanks everyone for your help.

I wouldn't consider taking the bus as I would have just landed after a 14 hour flight from Sydney. And walking would be out of the equation as it would be in the middle of the day in July which is about 40 degrees and above.

Just another q - Is it customary to buy your driver a burger? I know I need to tip but do I offer to buy him food + tip?

9. Mandiferous

Mandiferous Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's completely up to you. In-N-Out isn't exactly expensive and your cab driver could always order something for himself. It's a novelty for those of us that don't have In-N-Out, but would you offer to buy your cabbie a burger at McDonalds or a coffee at Starbucks? If you would, that's very nice of you, but it is by no means expected.

10. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could take the wax to NYNY get off and catch the 201> Its 1 or 2 stops for the In and Out.

11. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely go the one on Maryland. Coming out of the airport it's probably a much quicker trip than the one on trop (lines are huge, full of drunk people a lot, traffic can be bad around that intersection with the strip). The Maryland one is the one next to the university so lots of chilled out college kids mainly. The usual in and out wait time applies - compared to McDonalds expect to be waiting a few more minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.