1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

From Airport to Strip - Friday in June

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by FountainFiend, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FountainFiend

FountainFiend Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone,

I'm landing in LAS at 8:00PM on Friday, June 22. After we go through baggage claim, what's the best way of getting to the strip? I'm staying the first night at the Westin Causarina (Starwood Platinum member, and have a good corporate rate for the limited time I'll be there). Just wondering if it would be fine to take a taxi, or if I should schedule a car?

For my honeymoon last year, I booked a limo in NYC and was pretty disappointed in the experience. We were charged an extra 100 because the flight was delayed, and then the limo driver took 15 minutes to run and get the limo and pull it up. For 300 for a 25 minute ride, totally wasn't worth it.

I have read it makes sense sometimes to schedule a car/limo in Las Vegas though, so wondering who you would go with, or if it's easier to take a taxi.

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always use A1 Worldwide to pick me up when I land at McCarron and I have never had any kind of fee added to the charge. Most car services will monitor the flight to see if there are any delays and since the airport is much closer to Vegas than any of the NY airports are to Manhattan, that should not happen.

I used A1 on my recent trip and it is about $50 for a luxury sedan to any destination in Zone One (which includes all of the Strip Hotels and Downtown). Gratuity is also included in this price quote.

I was debating on whether or not to take a taxi back to the airport and decided the cab would be less expensive than a car service, but the driver tried to tunnel me (I knew better and he failed). I should have just called A1 for the ride back. That is the reason I take as few taxis in Las Vegas as possible.

Who wants to start off a trip in Las Vegas battling a cab driver who is trying to rip you off? When you hire a car, it might be a few dollars more, but you are starting your vacation off on a positive note with someone waiting for you in baggage claim with a name sign and then taking you straight to your destination with no fuss. Worth every single penny.

I am not familiar with the place you are staying (is that the Westin just behind the Strip? If so it is definitely Zone One) but you can call to find out. Here is a link to A1's Las Vegas website:

http://www.a1worldwidelimo.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=238&Itemid=276&gclid=CI_3hfOyhbACFYic7Qod7W1DjA

3. FountainFiend

FountainFiend Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great info! I've heard great things about them as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.