1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont St., Grand Canyon, Vegas Strip - Road trip (Long - pics)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by gambler, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the trip report. It was nice to see additional pics besides those from Vegas. Your family certainly is adventurous :thumbsup:

2. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent Trip Report!

Thanks for taking the time to write and post all of the great pictures.

I did a similar trip last September - Fly into Vegas, travel to various areas in Nevada, Utah and Arizona, and hit Vegas the final nights before flying back home. Based on your enjoyment of the Grand Canyon and Sedona, I believe you would like some of the places from my trip last year, the top three:

Bryce Canyon National Park / Dixie National Forest - Incredible formations. Completed two longer hikes (several miles each) and spent a full day here. In many ways, it was a nicer visit than the Grand Canyon, which I love, and I plan to stay longer during my next visit.

Zion National Park - Second visit for me. Had a chance to take a few longer hikes and explore the northern portion of the park. I think you would like the small towns and shops heading into the park.

Grand Canyon North Rim - A lot less crowded than the south rim, I enjoyed the hiking and unspoiled views. I came in / out of Kanab, and there is a lot of wildlife and cow herds so be careful driving in the dark.

I also hit Ceder Breaks and the Great Basin NP (awesome cave tour) and a few days in Tahoe / Reno.

It's great your kids are able to appreciate a variety of activities during vacation. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and thanks again for posting your report.

3. Crazycrue

Crazycrue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best Time to go to Pawn Stars

Great trip report. Really enjoyed it. You covered alot of ground.

If you ever decide to go back to Pawn Stars go in the evening. Never during the day. You will get in right away in the evening no lineups.

We took a pink jeep tour that included Pawn Stars and they said evening is the best and they were right. We had lots of time in the store and managed to get T Shirts and browse the displays. :peace:

4. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic report

Thanks for sharing

5. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report! Thanks for sharing

6. DNA

DNA Low-Roller

ThAt was a great Trip Report to read. Thanks for writing it.

7. triplesevens

triplesevens Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved reading your TR, thanks for sharing!

8. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tips Viva. I just did a quick Google search and my heart started racing when I looked at Zion! It looks so interesting.

My daughter had wanted to go on some other long day hike but we ended up picking Devil's Bridge because of the ease of walking and general flatness of the terrain. Once my husband gets his knee fixed up, I can definately see Zion National Park in our future. It looks exciting!

9. richardinbc

richardinbc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    trip reports like yours are golden

Gambler thank you so much for your report, enjoyed it so immensely.

Wife and I have done so many of the things that you did, it was good to live them again through your eyes.

After our kids had flown the coup, so to speak. We stared to drive to Vegas every year and taking different routes to see as much as we could.

It was a wonderful time for us over the last twenty years. Do not travel so often now but reports like your sure do give me the itch to do it one more time.

Thanks again for your report and good luck on your next trip.

10. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a really good point Crazycrue. We didn't realize it was open 24 hours till we saw the sign when we drove by. We easily could have done that on our first night on Fremont since we were not drinking and could have drove. I didn't realize then that it was so close to downtown.

The pink jeep tours seem really popular. The streets of Sedona were filled with pink jeeps. They must give a good ride for the money.

11. sunny123

sunny123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas

Thanks for the report. Especially enjoyed reading about your adventures outside of Vegas.:wave:

12. jdub7

jdub7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved this report! I took my two daughters to Vegas a few years ago because I was attending a conference for work. They were in high school, but they loved it too! We did one show. It was Tony & Tina's Wedding. The girls thought it was great because it was like actually attending a wedding reception. We got to eat and dance with all the characters from the show. Really fun and super funny! Both girls told me they wanted to return when 21. People complain about kids in Vegas, but I don't think 15 years and up is bad at all! Just thinking about my experience and reading your report, puts a big smile on my face!! Thanks again!

13. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your kids are so lucky to have such great parents!

But you know what? You may get paid back for being so nice.

I'm in my early 60's. I attended annual conferences in Las Vegas for about 20 years.

I made it a point to take a teenage kid with me about every other year. They loved it!

Now they are all married (and making more money than me ) haha!

My son (age 28) and his wife, and another couple invited me to go with them in July. I can't wait.
    Only thing is -- I'm going to have to be sure I don't try to keep up with them !

Anyway, I truly enjoyed your wonderful trip report. You have a great family!

14. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like an awesome trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.