1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont or Four Queens

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Fet297, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at rooms for February. Usually stay at MSS but am considering Freemont or 4Q. Any suggestions. Will have a car, parking information is also welcome. Thanks in advance.

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both 4q and Fremont are fine properties if you're satisfied with the basics. I don't know about parking at Fremont, but at 4q you get a parking pass to use their lot during the duration of your stay for free.

Others may be able to speak more to the remodeled rooms at 4q.

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parking at Fremont is strictly valet so expect to bring some dollars to tip them. For me it was getting expensive since I go in and out a few times a day so I rather stay at MSS or the Cal instead since parking is self park.

Also not sure if it was an aberration but the time I did valet at Fremont they scratched my rental car (looked like the backed into a wall or something so the scratch was on the passenger side in back). When I noticed it - it was about a 6 inch scratch - and brought it to their attention they said that they aren't responsible for any damage to cars. After that I never stayed at the Fremont, nor valet my car in that lot. This was over 10 years ago so not sure if it is still a problem. Luckily my rental agency didn't notice the scratch or let it pass.

I stayed at the 4q before but at that time they said that I had to pay for daily parking. This was many years ago so hopefully as others mentioned, they now allow free parking for guests.

4. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stayed at 4Qs 2 weeks ago. Parking is free while you stay there. Just mention that you have a car with you at check in and they will give you a yellow placard for free parking. (Save the 'entry' ticket). The rooms are as basic as a Motel 6 from the '80s. The beds are comparable to the room...which is not a compliment. I was very unimpressed. The rooms at the Golden Gate, while even smaller (can they get that small???), are much nicer with really good beds and nice furniture that was acquired from the Fountain Bleu bankrupcy. I don't know if I'll stay Downtown again due to the fact if you have a car, The Orleans, The Gold Coast and The Silverton all have nicer rooms at comparable rates.
    Stu

5. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never stayed at Fremont, so I cannot speak to the rooms. My son stayed at the 4 Queens at the beginning of the month. This was the first time I was in a room at 4Q. I think that the following pictures are from a remodeled room. Can someone confirm this? Room 1135, South Tower, room facing north towards the canopy.

IMG_1572[1].jpg

IMG_1573[1].jpg

IMG_1574[1].jpg

IMG_1575[1].jpg

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  6. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

Totally familiar with both, so if you tell me your top five GOOD hot buttons, I can tell you Which would be better!

Regards,
    Lauren in TX

7. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, those are the same old rooms. I'm curious to see what a remodeled room looks like. I'd love to stay there, but with so many better room options within steps I can't bring myself to do it.

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    smerrian, Have you stayed at MSS? If so, how do the rooms compare to Orleans and Gold Coast?

9. Fet297

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for everyone's help. I booked 4Q for a couple nights. Always wanted to stay on Freemont so this will be a hopefully nice change. I try to avoid resort fees. MSS is our comfort zone so we will see if this works out. Will be moving to Ballys for three nights after this stay. Usually stay at Harrahs so this too will be a change. Go where the comps are, right?

10. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kingpatsy, thanks for confirming what rooms these are. This room was actually very clean and I was a little surprised at the amount of space that was in this room. I am now quite curious as to what the remodeled rooms are looking like.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  11. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be afraid to try the $20 trick. Put a 20 between your cc and dl then ask about upgrades. I have gotten suites 5 of the last seven times I stayed there. Not strip quality suites, but roomier than regular rooms.

12. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TY31088: Sorry, never stayed at MSS. I don't know how their rooms compare to other Coast properties.

13. Fet297

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try!

14. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am biased towards Four Queens due to always getting good service there so I would say Four Queens. I just made a reservation at Four Queens a few weeks back and they stated that all the South Tower rooms are remodeled.

15. CoveredinBeer

CoveredinBeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mirror my trips. Usually do MSS and then Harrahs. Upcoming I'm staying at 4q and then maybe Paris if Harrahs doesn't come through. How did 4q compare to MSS?

16. Fet297

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our trip is in February. Looking forward to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.