1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Free Room vs. Comp Room - CET Diamond Aspriation 1

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Queen of Future Bets, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen of Future Bets

Queen of Future Bets Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there any difference in a free room vs. comp room for back-end comp purposes? In other words, if I book my 5 night stay using my Diamond Aspiration 1 level reward of 4 free nights with $100 folio credit and my host comps the last night do I still have to "work off" those 4 free nights before my host can comp off food and beverage? Thanks!

PS - long, long time lurker and first time poster. Love this board! Wish I would have found it years ago as I left thousands of dollars of back end comps on the table during my early Vegas years and did not even know it.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking any room.. comp, offer, free, buddy of a buddy deal.... all count towards your comps for your stay. Anything ABOVE the room is depending on play.

By the way, most folks think the 4 nights for Diamond Aspiration is a joke. Just log in and most can get rooms any time they want without using that "offer".

3. zoobrew

zoobrew Tourist

Can you get the $100 folio credit without booking the 4 night "offer'?

4. Queen of Future Bets

Queen of Future Bets Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. And I agree that 4 nights is not anything special since at Platinum I could get 5 nights no problem.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used ours when we were at places less than 4 nights. To be honest, I do not think the $100 has anything to do with you hotel. We never booked it with a hotel stay.

You just go up to the TR desk and say you want to use the $100 today. Do not do it until you are POSITIVE you know when/where you are eating. They will not reissue these.

6. 3544quebec

3544quebec Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is one benefit of this aspiration award that it doesn't count as a comp stay in terms of booking online ie you could book 5 nights online and another 5 nights with a 4 day break between the two stays and use the Aspiration award for the 4 day hiatus effectively allowing you a 14 day stay without having to hotel hop?
    And is another benefit that you can book online and then use the Aspiration award to get a second room and so can have 2 comp rooms at the same property at the same time for a family get away?

I don't know whether the above two scenarios are permitted but if so they could be a real benefit

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Quebec is right, the only reason to use the Diamond Aspiration nights is if you want to string them back to back with comp nights you can get via the calendar or a regular offer. If you can get 5 nights comped and get the $100 credit without using the Aspiration nights, then just keep those nights in the bank. I don't know if you can use them for a 2nd room.

And even though it seems like those Aspiration nights should be a free ride with no play obligation, I'm sure that's not the case.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.