1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Free bet vs Regular Blackjack

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by VegasSchemer, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I'll be hitting Downtown this week and I'm considering playing some freebet BJ.

I'm wanting to get a fair amount of play....which game should I go with?
    I'll be playing $15 hands on a $200 bankroll. I feel like freebet may help me avoid the risk of ruin a bit. Any advice?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend the El Co and their $3-minimum two-deck game with DAS. With $200, playing with a base-bet of $5 or $10 makes more sense.
    Risk-of-ruin is 40 net-losses @ $5 versus 13.3 net-losses @ $15.

Freebet is a fun game, but there is a downside even above the "push-on-all-dealer-22s": mainly that you will find yourself taking advantage of doubles you would not normally take, and drawing a card that would have allowed you to his a second card (eg - doubling a 9 against a 9 or 10 and drawing a 2).

My advice would be to play real blackjack first, build up some winnings and play freebet with the winnings...and, once again, go with $5 as your base-bet instead of $15.

Seems like forever from now, but the flights are booked, so it counts!
  3. Googleboots

Googleboots Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    while I agree with Topcard, if you want to try out freebet, try it! it's fun, and you can spike some money pretty quick. If $200 is your whole bankroll, I'd side with playing the Cortez double deck, but if thats just a portion of your 'roll and thats how much you planned on playing, go for it!

Check Wizard of Odds for basic strategy on Freebet Blackjack
    http://wizardofodds.com/games/free-bet-blackjack/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.