1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frankie's Tiki Room

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Bushman1, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushman1

Bushman1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been going to Vegas for nearly 14 years, and I can honestly (embarrassingly) say that I had never heard of Frankie's Tiki Room until I saw the USA Today article from this weekend.

Has anybody been there and can give me a review? Thanks!

Bushman

2. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have been several times and have a collection of Frankie's tiki glasses to prove it. It's in a safe area but not within walking distance of any major resort. If you walk in during the day, especially late afternoon when the sun is blazing, it seems like you have stepped into a cave. As your eyes adjust it makes complete sense. Frankie's is a full themed 1950's style tiki lounge with carvings and cool light fixtures. Bartenders are always friendly and they serve monster strong drinks. We usually take a cab so we can enjoy a couple of drinks and head to another bar.

3. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been there 3 times now, and LOVE IT!
    It has become a regular stop for us.
    Of course, it helps if you do like anything to do with TIKI.
    As has been said, the place is dark, the bartenders friendly, and the drinks are strong!
    They have old style bar top VP.
    It can get very smoky inside if it is busy, with many smokers. It's not that big inside.
    Normally, I have no problems being around smokers and smoke, but I did find that I had to go outside a few times to catch a breath of fresh air and clear my eyes.

As we mostly tend to stay mid-strip, we usually catch the monorail to LVH, and then cab it from there. It's not too far from LVH.

They play a loop of old movies on TVs behind the bar with an exotica sound track. Sometimes even old B&W Gilligan's Island episodes!
    We have purchased several of their tiki mugs, t-shirts, and some other assorted souvenirs each time we go.

4. Bushman1

Bushman1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Definitely on our "must do" list now. There's a place similar to it here where I live, but they closed several years ago. Tied more than a few on there over the years, so having a place like it in my favorite city is awesome.

Guess we'll be cabbing it, which is fine by me.

Thanks for the reviews!

Bushman

5. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved it, but you'll be surprised at how puny it actually is inside.

It doesn't matter though, the vibe is unmatchable.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy Tiki bars, I think we'll stop in next month.

7. admmr

admmr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's right down the street from University Medical Center, and I drove by there late Thursday night and the place was hopping! (My husband ended up in the hospital there last week :-( ) We plan to stop next time we are in town.

8. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's fun and can get crowded. Smaller than it looks on the website, worth going to! :beer:

Jill's 21st!
  9. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. miggs1310

miggs1310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went on a Wednesday in September, wasn't busy but wasn't dead either. Bar tender was super friendly! He made drink suggestions based on what I like and every one was a home run. Really, the drinks here are awesome if you like tropical.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that. There's a local cocktail lounge I go to where they have no drink menus, you tell them what kind of boozes you like and what type of drinks and they'll make something for you, never been disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.