1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four Queens - question regarding hours for daily points earned

Discussion in 'Comps' started by alexlifeson, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexlifeson

alexlifeson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

Does anyone know the daily hours for earning points at the Four Queens? I've asked different people with different results. I've heard either midnight to midnight or 2am to 2am. Their machines do not show points earned for a day but only the total in your account. For example, I was able to figure out that MSS is 3am to 3am since I played just before and just after 3am and my daily points had reset after 3am.

Thanks!

2. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the Four Queens is 4 A.M. to 4 A.M.

3. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to know the answer as well. I've always played it safe and cut off at midnight. My day starts at about 6am so that is plenty of time anyway on almost all occasions.

4. alexlifeson

alexlifeson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now, we have new candidate with 4am to 4am which is certainly possible. I tend to gamble late so I would like to know for sure. I also have been known to arrive late on my first day and don't want to play with my card until a new day has started unless it's 4am then I might be able to get enough play in before the new day starts. This is also a factor if I happen to leave early afternoon which is early for me. I wouldn't want to play beyond the deadline for the previous day if I can't get in a sufficient amount of time to play for the current day.

5. WadeCD

WadeCD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great question that I have wanted to know too Alex. I was told years ago Midnight-Midnight but I know that's not true as earlier this year when I was picking up my year of the goat statue the boothling told me I had earned something like 1400 points. I said I have more than that and she said I had earned approx 300 yesterday (I had not started playing till around 12:10 that morning as I didn't want to begin until after midnight.).

So later that evening I went to the host office and talked to a host (Mike). He told me some information but didn't know what the gaming day was (I believe that he doesn't know). He called another host and was told 2AM but she wasn't sure. He said our table games manager will know, he's here. He gets on the phone and talks to the guy and says to me he thinks it's 4AM. I talked later to the slot club manager and she said 5AM.

It was almost funny getting a different answer every time I asked. Now, I simply don't play at all the day I arrive unless it's fairly early in the day and I usually quit shortly before midnight my last day if I've played heavy as I guess I'm paranoid or something. By not being upfront on their gaming day, either honestly or for wanting to be discreet for some reason, they are getting less overall play from me. I ask every time I remember to at the players club if I'm picking up an extra card, getting cash back, etc. and I don't think I've ever gotten the same answer twice in a row.

Using a card after 2AM, 3AM, 4AM, etc. and then asking in the morning at the booth if you've earned any points today would be a way to solve this. I would trust what this board says over what I have been told by 4Q employees. A Binion's host told me they are 2AM but I don't know if that's right or if 4Q would even be the same as their sister property.

6. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could be that sister properties have a different end-of-day time so that if they have a shared computer system it can process one property's data before starting on the next one's.

7. alexlifeson

alexlifeson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wade, those are some great comments. I'm arriving pretty late (close to midnight) so I won't put my card in a machine until after I've slept. I will stay up as late as possible the next night and collect some data. I usually stay up until at least 2am but I'll try for 4am. At each hour starting at midnight, I will write down my total number of points earned until 4am (or earlier if I'm too pooped). After I've slept, I will go to the Players Club and ask how many points have I earned for the current day. From that number, it will be easy to deduce when the official day started. This will be happening on Labor Day weekend and I will report back here with my findings.

8. alexlifeson

alexlifeson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have now solved this mystery that I created. Three days ago, I played after midnight and tracked my points earned for each hour until slightly after 3am when I was too pooped to go any further. It turns out that was enough time to reach a conclusion. After I slept, I went to the players club and asked a boothling how many points have I earned "today". The number that I was told corresponded exactly to the number of points that I earned after 2am. Therefore, the slot club day at the Four Queens is 2am to 2am.

9. Steggy

Steggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good info to have. Thanks for figuring it out. I also have not played at times in early am because I didn't know if I was in a new day or not. Hope you also won some money.

10. alexlifeson

alexlifeson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alas, I did not win but there is always next time :).

11. WadeCD

WadeCD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Alex! Mystery solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.