1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For those of you in the South, is this really a problem

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're here http://www.click2houston.com/news/rasberry-crazy-ants-to-invade-houston/25146024

I haven't seen them in the city proper though. Growing up in the south it was always fire ants that you were worried about, that and flying cockroaches the size of volkswagens. My problem is mostly during the summer and if it's been really dry the bugs come inside looking for water.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've lived in a northern suburb of Atlanta for 35 years now and can't say we've been bugged (pun intended) by any kind of critters. We have an exterminator service that's doing a good job. Interestingly, whenever we've had a short duration influx of you-name-it, if it's in the summer, it's because, as BayouBengal mentioned, the bugs are thirsty. However, if we see bugs in the winter, it's because they're trying to stay warm. Of if it's been particularly wet, then the critters are looking for dry. It's always some excuse, but we still don't have any problems!

4. davidcyndi

davidcyndi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My exterminator said they are bad and once you have them its almost impossible to get rid of them. Said they will eat all your electric wires in the walls in a week. Crazy.

5. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thankfully, our biggest battle so far is with mosquitos. For some odd reason, they rarely even land on me much less bite me. OTOH-my girlfriend can't walk from the front door to the edge of our deck with a couple of mosquito bites.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.