1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For gear heads -- a wedge article

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I write about equipment for the Met Section in the Big Apple. Here's our latest endeavor. The piece is on pgs. 74-75 since I don't seem to be smart enough to link to the specific article, but the issues always are good reads.

http://www.metgolferdigital.com/i/524160-jun-jul-2015

2. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good read Ken. At the moment I have a 56 and a 60 degree wedge in my bag but I have no idea what amount of bounce I am getting on them. Definitely something to pay more attention to.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Thanks.

56 is kinda industry shorthand for "sand wedge," so you'd be in the mid-high to high range there if you didn't spec something in particular, so maybe 14 degrees. And something we stressed a lot more in an earlier article was gapping. With loft creep in recent years, many stock-set PWs are more like 8 irons in loft. There are a lot of 46 degree PWs out there these days, some even stronger, so the gap wedge is even more important now.

I got a press release last night and apparently Mickelson has a 60 degree for Chambers that he's had most of the bounce ground off of for the tight conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.