1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For any whiner heads like me--things could always be worse.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been complaining about a lot of insignificant crap this week. I felt like people were going out of the way to piss me off. My mom's nurse sent me to Walmart twice this week to get her medications --as usual they were not ready. She was completely out of one of her anti/depressants. Bitchy little me I threw a quasi temper tantrum. I wasn't mean but every month I go to Walmart several times chasing my mom's meds. I kind of lost it.

So the Pharmacist agrees to give me a weeks worth for now. I was sitting on the bench waiting for them to fill it and feeling a little cocky and triumphant. Then God smacked me on the back of the head.

Earlier that day a coworker friend of mine told me she needed to tell someone something and she just had to get it off her chest. We are friends but not real close. I thought it was going to be a juicy piece of gossip. But it was not. She had been to the doctor the day before. She had a growth that had been being watched for years. Nothing serious until now. The doctor saw it and told her it was probably cancer. She has swollen lymph nodes in her groin and under her arm pits. She just went through a big work up because she is supposed to donate a kidney to her brother next month. She got a clean bill of health.

She will find out next week the results. She swore me to secrecy. She has not told her husband or children. She just had her first grand child and she has another one due in another week. She doesn't want her family to know until after the birth. Plus she feels devastated if she can't give her brother her kidney.

I started to cry sitting on the bench waiting for mom's meds after I thought about our conversation that morning. Ended up feeling like a total ass for thinking about how bad I had it. I think I heard God say You think you have it bad? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36th Wedding Anniversary
  2. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't feel so bad about that, it's just human nature, I think :)

One of my best friends plays poker for a living, and has done pretty well for himself out of it. He's 30 years old, has just bought his 3rd house, and is settled in a good relationship with a son on the way.

I hear about his losing days, and how I don't understand what it's like to run bad. I remind him that I myself played for a living for over 5 years, so fully know how bad runs you can go on. I tell him to look where he is in life at 30 years old, having nobody to answer to, and in great health. Compare that to me, who is a 35yo cripple that lives with his parents, and he should feel a little bit better, lol.

I tell him that I've got more than most to be happy about, because bar my healthy problems, everything else in my life is superb, and there are probably a large % of people worse off than me.

Best to your friend, anyway. I hope that things turn out well for her, and her brother.

Have a great time in Vegas, too :)

Double digits!
  3. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're only human. Sometimes it's good to reflect. God is good in reminding us to do that.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've all been there. I try to catch myself asking "Can this get any worse?", because the answer always seem to be "Yes. Yes it can." ;)

5. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been a happy camper lately for many reasons, but it's all perspective.

Last week a low life from Cleveland kidnapped his ex, (she had a PFA) burned her parents house and beat and raped her.
    Then made his way here, 100 miles east and broke into a house he beat the home owners with a tire iron, killed one dog and another ran off but was found dead later.

Neighbors walking by heard the screams and called police, luckily one of them had a concealed carry and shot the low life twice. Unfortunately the low life lived.
    The wife was in a coma all week, but passed away last night.
    So yah my problems are small.

6. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They found the low life I talked about in my other post, dead in his cell......rumor is the trash took itself out.

7. BadKarma

BadKarma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Alexander

Alexander Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other day, I moaned to another Gambler,"God, I lost $30!" She laughed and said,"You lost $30? I lost $300! I wish I had your luck!"

9. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know people with a lot worse problems ,I'm sure most of us do.

10. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the rough week - you need a trip to Vegas - oops, if I remember your other post correctly, you are headed to Vegas shortly!
    Have a fun trip - good karma headed your way!

11. MsNVegas

MsNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your very first sentence! Well hell at least original poster is showing compassion! What our world is truly lacking these days!

12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I started a thread not long back, saying that I love my job. A couple folks teed off on the thread as inappropriate for a Vegas board and self-serving. Those posts are gone. I'm not sure what set them off but this thread brought it to mind. I do love my job. I love my wife and family and friends. I love where we live and I love how we live. We're normal folks not kagillionaires and while we always strive, we are content. And so on. I'm not some Pollyanna. I like life.

Is everything perfect? Of course not. My parents are aging and my dad is fading. Terri lost her father when he was far far too young. Friends have struggled with things at times. Everyone we know has had some type of job or health trauma at some point. Pets die, fortunes ebb. But life goes on. More importantly, 99.9% of the people in the world are "worse" off than any one us, and most of those quite significantly so. It's OK to be down, just don't stay down. No one here had a shit sandwich for lunch, so to say.

If you don't like what you get, go get what you like. And enjoy.

13. MsNVegas

MsNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I feel this way about how people treat each other on message boards! I feel there are some of those that will make trouble for kind people who just love to join in, because they don't want she or he there, if not just be honest and say something. Also I have a mind of my own as for when you have those who call others trolls, perhaps it may just be the other way around. I had my trip report deleted for this reason. So sad how society treats one another, I'm not one for the PC BS. Anyway peace out everyone have a good day!

14. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update on my friend--I got back to work last night. I walked in our office to get report and the first thing I asked her was about the results--benign---of course I wanted to smack her for dropping it on me right before Vegas but I was too happy and relieved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36th Wedding Anniversary
  15. spdandpwr

spdandpwr Low-Roller

Thank goodness and glad to hear!

Yea, lol, I never understood how people take things personally but then again if we all interpreted things the same way, we'd be one boring species. That aside, I wanna hear more about this juicy TR :thumbsup: :beer:

If it's worth anything, I look forward to reading your posts and to this day have not found anything you said offensive or self-serving...so that's one less person to worry about :) Personally, I think it asks a lot of someone to open up on an internet forum so I tend to be less critical. That said, that one guy in that other thread...what a kook :Þ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.