1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

for all you pinball lovers!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by gerry53, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this has been discussed many times for sure but I still like to let people know that if you loved all the old pinball machines of our younger days they have
    a pretty good selection at the riviera.

the pinball hall of fame is still the bomb but kudos to riviera for having something fun and different to drop a few coins into other than a slot machine:thumbsup:

2. JRSOBX

JRSOBX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I managed a boardwalk arcade for a couple summers in college. My office door was right beside a big bank of pinball machines. They didn't make too much money, but they kept me occupied!

3. DuckyD77090

DuckyD77090 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pins at the Riv are just an annex of the Pinball Hall of Fame on Tropicana, right?

Can you talk a little bit about the generation of pinball machines they have at the Riv? Is it a mix of machines through the generations, or did they focus on the machines made in the 50s/60s (to perhaps draw the interest of the Riv's clientele :poke:)?

I spent my summers at the Jersey Shore right as pins hit their hey-day in the early 90s. I love the Pinball HoF and it's a great side-trip for any of my Vegas trips.

I'm looking for an excuse to get my rear end into the Riv and this might just do it.

4. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the machines are from PHOF. There's a sign that denotes it, and some of the machines have an ID card noting they're PHOF machines.

From memory: there are 10-15 classic pins all lined up, old 60s/70s machines, simple games.

They also have a small selection of 80s and 90s machines. I remember Taxi and Tee'd Off, two machines I like to play. They have a few other sports themed pins, too.

Then there's a line of four or five modern Sterns. Last time I was there it was CSI, Batman, Iron Man, Rolling Stones and Family Guy.

There is also a smattering of video games, but I don't recall which ones, as I'm not interested enough to play any of them. I think Ms. Pac-Man was there.

5. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the cocktail waitresses serve you while playing pinball? ;) that would be awesome

6. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Say what??

You can drop coins int a slot machine? Get out!!

NFL Divisional Playoffs!!
  7. DuckyD77090

DuckyD77090 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Much obliged! Thanks for the detailed info!

8. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Here are some pics from my visit to Riviera just this past Friday. They were mostly from the same era. No cocktail waitresses came back while I played.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4480201808849.2181336.1404176376&type=3&l=a7e6293c0f

9. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you bet you can but bet you will be confused looking for the slot for your player`s card

10. JimJackJose

JimJackJose Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They also had some 80's video games at the Riv annex last week...donkey kong and the like.

11. Patripman

Patripman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son and I plan to hit the Pinball HOF later this month. There are some people in Vegas at the same time as we are who competed in the PAPA (Professional Amateur Pinball Association) tournaments in Pittsburgh. My son was ranked #2 in the world 16 and under for a number of years and I held a ranking of 235 up to 3 years ago. You want to watch people play pinball in a way that is not normally seen go watch one of these tournaments. We love pinball and will seek out machines new and old when we vacation and the HOF was on our radar during the past 3 trips but we never made it there, that will all change in 2 weeks.

p

12. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you will love it patripman there is no place like it.

they even sell soft drinks and fresh popcorn for around fifty cents a bag.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.