1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Food Truck Suggestions - Vegas

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by north east j, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone adventure out and experience any of the food trucks in Vegas? I know that there is an event downtown where all the trucks get together once a week. And a few around that I have seen on food network (Fukuburger for one)

Wondering if anyone has reviews/suggestions/or any I should stay away from?

2. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great question! I haven't partaken yet.
    I saw a bunch at the downtown farmer's market (at the old transit hub on Stewart) but didn't partake because I wasn't sure which would be good. I know El Cortez has at least one food truck at their property for lunch every Wednesday.

3. Vegas_Marauder

Vegas_Marauder Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the trucks don't make it to the strip? I saw a few on a website I'd like to try out.

4. allustoms

allustoms Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First Friday Arts District

I found this website http://www.firstfridaylasvegas.com/ for an event held - you guessed it, the first friday of the month.

I was looking for an event where local artists sell. This seems to fit what I am looking for, but I also saw that a number of food trucks are there as well.

My husband likes the show Eat Street and I recognized a few to the trucks listed. It will work for both of us. :thumbsup:

5. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I go to Streats regularly. I don't care to chase down the trucks so having a collection gather is quite nice. Streats is the second Saturday each month across from the El Cortez. It's grown a lot since last year. They have live music and local artists too.

Slidin Thru and Fukuburger were the pioneers. I prefer Fukuburger.

My current favorite is Charlie's Lunch, I also like Sausagefest and Tasty Bunz.

Haulin Balls, Chi-town Hustler, Sin City Wings, Pops are ok.

I haven't tried Redneck Kitchen, the Rusty Pickle, Love Grub or Curbside Cafe.

Those that were bad are no long rolling.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.