1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flying Into Denver In December

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by blackjacknut, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I will be flying Frontier Airlines out of CAK to LAS but have to stop in Denver. Now I know no one can predict the weather but in general how is Denver airport in December and how is Denver airport overall? Will be my first time through Denver airport.

2. ValerieJo

ValerieJo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right, that the weather is unprdictable.

However, we usually fly Frontier from DTW (Detroit) to LAS every time we go to Vegas. It's just so much cheaper. We always stop in Denver and have never had a problem including December. The airport is very nice, not too big, has food, and WiFi.

We have a running joke at our house about our bucket list to hit all 50 states. We've been to Colorado 5 times, but have never left Denver airport. So does that still count? :D

Enjoy your trip! :beer:

First time at 4 Queens
  3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Denver Airport is very small time for what is a reasonably large city. Very few good food options.

The weather in December...throw the dice...but the airport rarely closes for long.

4. herg

herg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew thru there on my way to Dayton on Frontier last december.They had freezing fog which I never heard of.They weren't expecting it so they had only one deicing truck to deice all the planes.

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It happens. But it's just as likely that it will be 50 degrees. Because of where it sits in the mountains, there's just no predicting it.

6. weas

weas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with all the other posters, can be iffy. As far as the airport is concern, it is great. I fly from a small regional airport into Denver (I have to go east before I go west to Vegas. Sometimes I only have 50 minutes between planes and it is always enough time. Great foor options and get United Club.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Denver airport is MASSIVE. It was buildt about 12 years ago to be a "world port" and can handle most nasty weather, but not all of course.

8. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like everyone else said, its December, who knows. Heck CAK can shut down just as quickly, that time of the year.

We just had a stop over in Denver coming and going last week (from CAK) I assume your flying Southwest? We had just under 2 hours between the flights. It was perfect I was able to recharge my I-pod to watch some more movies. It was great going becasuse you knew you had just about another hour to Vegas.

Both CAK to Denver and Denver to LAS were not full at all. Coming home, both were PACKED.

Overall, I'm really glad Southwest is at CAK and I dont mind the Denver stop so much.....

Kelli

9. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be on Frontier out of CAK with a 40 min layover in Denver

10. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    40 minutes you can make any layover in Denver, although depending on gates you can have a long walk (with those moving sidewalk things).

11. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jealous of the 40 min layover, but that would also scare me. I'm always super early for EVERYTHING!

40 min does seem like a perfect layover >>> heres to a bit of hope that the weather will be a non issue for you! :beer:

12. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, forgot to mention that Denver has free wifi, just in case you end up there longer than you anticipated.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.