1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flooding in North Las Vegas today

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by travelfiend, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine that lives in North Las Vegas just posted this. This is at the corner of Grand Teton and Cimmaron, pretty far north on the way to the Mt. Charleston exit. Yikes!

[​IMG]
    LVflooding

2. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's pretty bad. I have a live Linq cam, and it looks like it has really cleared out on the Strip.........looks like a gorgeous sunset.

3. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from vegas and saw all the local coverage on the news(by the way it barely rained downtown or on the strip), it was really funny to watch some of the "rescues", they showed firefighters forming human chains to pull stranded motorists from the raging rapids...the only problem was the water was only half way up the compact cars wheels, maybe 8 or 9 inches deep , the water was barely over the rescuers ankles, talk about drama. In the background you could see another firefighter walking right out in the flood.

I guess in a city that gets 4 inches of rain a year they consider anything a potential disaster.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It just comes so quick and fast that the system can't process it in a timely fashion... along with the fact that the ground is hard as cement, so no absorption at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.