1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flights....

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by GreggWizard, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - what's going on with flights to Vegas? It's hard to get a direct flight in or out, and prices have gone UP!!:grrr:

2. KenoKing

KenoKing Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holiday Season will have that effect. What state/city are you flying in from? Airline prices in general seem to be on the rise.

3. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I haven't been able to get a direct flight since I moved to Roanoke from Columbus, 3 years ago.:grrr:

4. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This year we are flying out of Charlotte, NC thru Atlanta to get there. We are visiting family in Charlotte and taking a "side trip". Fortunately I had enough miles to score two award tickets round trip. Total cost $10 each in fees. The ticket price seems really high, but I noticed on the seating chart tonight that the Atlanta to Vegas leg has only one seat currently available and it is first class. With flights that crowded you can expect the prices to remain high.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have had pretty good luck getting flights.

6. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed this also but not just to Vegas. Doesn't matter where I'm flying lately the flights are always full and prices are higher. Maybe airlines can start making money.

Southwest offers three non-stops a day from Milwaukee to Las Vegas. That's not too bad.

TomTWI

7. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell me about it!!! Ive been looking for flights for the last 2 months for Feb from MKE to Vegas and March to Phx, and I cant get anything undoe $400 RT when last year I paid $280. So frustrating!

8. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked Southwest airfares an hour ago for round trip from Little Rock to Las Vegas (JANUARY / FEBRUARY) and the price has dropped to $121.00 each way at the lowest fare which is usually the non-stop (but not always). Booked my February trip for 6,600 points for each way! I don't know how long this will last. The same fares were $249.00 yesterday.

9. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Checking Delta for my upcoming Apr. trip, I'm finding most flights (ROA-ATL-LAS)
    at around $550. Oct's trip was Delta and I paid $390.

Hopefully the carriers will drop their prices after the first of the year.

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also fly MKE to LAS. I paid $412 on SW last April, $412 in October and in pricing flights for my May trip it's... $412. Frontier is somewhat cheaper but it's not non stop (through Denver) plus I hate Frontier.

11. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airfares between now and mid-January is going to be very expensive, no matter where you're flying.

12. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May want to try Spirit. My friends got RT for $80 from the midwest during this time.

Be aware, Spirit is the worst airlines to fly. Try to avoid if you can.

13. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

This isn't about Vegas. It's about consolidation of airlines, cutting of both routes and cities served. Ask folks in places line Cincy, St. Louis, etc. how their airports have changed. It ain't pretty.
    Sadly, it the sign of times. This situation isn't going away.

14. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When Southwest moved into Manchester NH, ticket prices dropped. SWA had about 8 flights daily and after a couple of years they did a non-stop at 6;15 OR 7AM THAT GOT you to LV abefore noon......very nice. Then they opened at Logan in Mass and the flights dropped to about 6 and the non-stop only ran part of the year. Now there is none, like their are few "ding" or internet wide sales. Funny thing was that all of the ones that I took were booked solid.

jimbo338

15. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started looking for March Flights to Vegas from Indy. Best I could find was 300 RT but that was on Frontier with a fairly long layover in Denver or Dallas. We went ahead and booked SW when we saw direct flights both ways fall to 179. We cant complain about that price, as beat I think ive paid in last 8-10 years is $150 each way on SW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.