1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flight Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Backagain1, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked a flight on Southwest some time ago for 350. Roundtrip for March 2013. The same or similar flight is now upwards of 500.00. Should we book now or wait and see if the prices go down?

We have some additional people that want to join us.

2. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should have booked with their Cyber Monday deal, if you knew about the other people back then.

I don't fly far enough to know much about price fluctuations (mostly PHX - LAS), but have you checked the prices on Bing Travel? It will give you a guess if your R/T prices are going up or down and predict whether to buy now or not.

With SW there may be some Christmas sales coming up with lower fares for next year...............or maybe not!

3. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope did not know. But am also not aware of Bing Travel, I will try it and waiting for Christmas time might not be too bad either. Thank you

4. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SouthWest has just changed their policy on the 'Wanna Get Away' fares. Seems if you don't book them now far enough in advance, like 4 months or more out, then you have to pay the regular coach fare.

Example: My round trip ticket from Phoenix is normally $161 with wanna get away fares for my March trip. I tried booking this two different times this week and got the same result. So if I choose SW, my new price for the March trip is $447 R/T.

USAir has them for $161 R/T.

Seems SouthWest Air has finally found a way to charge you for those "bags fly free". :poke:

Luckily there's a small airport by my house that has Allegiant for $111 including my bag.

You may wanna check those prices now and see if the same has happened to you.

*EDIT* - This may be regional. I just checked the East Coast to LAS and the wanna get away fares are still there, but those rates are all over the place depending on what time of day you wanna fly.

5. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it really totally depends on your specific market. For example, I just checked SW DEN-LAS for January 14-21st and found great rates. $216 R/T and up. SW Rates always fluctuate depending on what time of day you want to fly.

As far as I can tell using Bing Travel, they don't list SW. But I do like the history chart, that is handy.

6. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd wait, and I'd be checking EVERY SINGLE DAY to see what the fares are doing. And check Bing to look at the fare trends.

I do notice that, with Southwest, the most popular flights book up fast so the cheapest fares on those flights may not always be available; plus March might be spring break time as well... What city are you flying out of? How many direct flights per day does SWA have to LV? Would the fare be cheaper on an earlier/later flight, and would your friends consider flying at a different time or even a different day?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.