1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flight Instruction/Aircraft Rentals?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by wesraft, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesraft

wesraft Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with taking flight instruction or renting aircraft at any of the local airports. It looks like there are several options at North Las Vegas, Henderson and possibly Boulder City. Thanks for the help!

2. NeonAndBeach

NeonAndBeach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it in Destin, Florida but not here. I'm a big FlightSim computer user. (FlightSim is a game that lets you fly and is super-realistic). I rented a plane and instructor for an hour mainly to sightsee along the beach. However, he let me do a little flying under his instruction.

I'd suggest Boulder City if you have a choice. It isn't like you are going to be able to buzz the Las Vegas Strip but out that way, you can check out the lake, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon and similar.

3. wesraft

wesraft Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I'm not looking to mix it up with the pros, flying over the strip. Just drilling random holes in the air, enjoying the scenery, maybe getting Furnace Creek (the lowest airport in North America) entered in my logbook. Learning about safely negotiating around the many Military Operating Areas in the vicinity. Adding to the knowledge base, like that. Any schools, cfi's that might be recommended would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Wes

4. flyguyfl

flyguyfl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might give West Air Aviation in North Las Vegas a look see. They do single engine rentals and training. Google them.

5. DRich2

DRich2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did my flight training out of Henderson Executive (Henderson Sky Harbor at that time) airport but that was 20 years ago and the company I dealt with is no longer in town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.