1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flight & Hotel Package Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by johnvic, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually book my flight through Jetblue and my hotel direct or through Hotels.com . I've been looking for the best rate for my next trip and and looked at package deals and am curious about the price differences.

hotels.com has my jetblue flights and Bellagio for 6 nights for $1302
    hotwire had the same and the property was specific, not just "5 stars"
    jetblue has same flight with Bellagio for $1475 and you get 8000 points
    bellagio direct is $1398

Why the differences? Is it just that you get a better deal at hotels.com or are there hidden taxes that I'm missing? For completeness, here are the separate prices:

jetblue flight $403
    hotels.com hotel $1164 total $1567
    bellagio room $1304 total $1707

None of these include resort fees, of course. Am I missing something? When I googled best way to book Vegas the advice is hotel direct and flight direct.

Thoughts?

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  2. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I googled jetblue price match guarantee and sure enough they will match a cheaper price for an equivalent getaway, but they only said they would do it if you book with jetblue and then found a cheaper priced within 48 hours. They they pay you back in 6 to 8 weeks. Well I called and asked if they could just match the price now. It took an hour of waiting and then the actual process, but they did it.

I was on the phone with one support person and my friend was with another at the same time. The support person told me that her supervisor said, "that's weird, I just had another request for the same exact package", she told her, "that's his friend". It was worth a chuckle.

Vacation booked!

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.