1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo 9/7-9/10

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Irishdiva66, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishdiva66

Irishdiva66 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

“Flamingo 9/7-9/10”
    Sep 18, 2013, 4:14 PM
    Irishdiva66, 481 forum posts
    We just returned from another great vegas trip!!

I am will not be doing a full trip report due to the fact we did not eat at any fancy restaurants, see any shows or do any "tourist" activities

Some backround: I have been going to vegas for over 20 years when I lived in San Diego we used to go at least a 1/2 dozen times a year, now that I am living in NY I go once a year with the husband and every September with the "girls". This was that trip 10 women ready to let loose after a long summer with the kids home :)

Flamingo:

We had 3 comped Go luxury rooms with a view the rooms were nice and suited our needs, however the hallway carpeting is something they should be ashamed of according to our housekeeper they are suppose to be replaced in the coming months...we will see. Housekeeping was wonderful the whole time sheets were changed and the room was vacuumed everyday

We took an early flight from JFK and arrived At the flamingo at 10:30 am and it was chaos!! I was the second in line at the total rewards line, I am aware of the early arrivals "fee" we really wanted our room to freshen up after our long flight so I took my CC and ID and folded a $20 bill handed it to the clerk and told her it was for her if she could get a room ASAP well 15mins later we were off to room 22100!! Thanks Shelly

Gambling:

We gambled quite a bit and I had the best luck at Monte Carlo and Ceasars I hit 4 4's with the kicker and 4 aces' with the kicker within 2 hours of one another!! Also hit $400 on hot shots although the bucs killed my on my parlays but in want to thank the bills for helping me recoup my losses

Drink service: so so at Monte Carlo and Ceasars excellent at the flamingo and margaritaville. Terrible At the Cosmo and mirage

Cabana: we had a cabana reserved for Sunday and it rained all morning so they let me cancel without penalty we did go down early on Monday and got one for $226 (odd price) but it came with a bucket of beers fruit platter and 4 reserved chairs next to the pool...all and all a great deal

One final note: the weather was spotty the whole time it would downpour with thunder and lighting than and hour later it would be humid and sunny...first time in over 20 years I saw rain almost everyday

Counting down to our next trip!!!

Also I did this on my phone so excuse any typos

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, cosmo can definitely be slow. They seem to assign a huge area for their waitresses to cover. I would struggle to get drunk at cosmo unless I played at the bar. :eek: Thanks for sharing!

3. D in the D

D in the D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've noticed the CW service at Mirage has gotten slower with each trip the last couple years. Thanks for the report.

4. bigwill

bigwill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was at Flamingo Sept 2-6 and Cosmo at 11:40 am was hot for service mind you it was a short visit she was hovering close by. Enjoyed the Pool at Flamingo but that was about it the gambling was horrible there won't be back asked for a strip view they give me a room covered in Donny and Marie black shite outside my window no view. Back to Mlife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.