1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flaming O - You Bette Cha!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Wanger1969, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

May 29th - June 1st - Fri/Mon - Flamingo

I won't bore you with too many details of the airport. We left Des Moines around 2pm, had our first meal in the airport bar, along with one or two cocktails. Flight was without incident. Although I've flown many times, its the first time I've ever had to use the airplane bathroom. (I have a bladder you would all be jealous of) Not as bad as I expected, although its certainly not made for any over 5 foot 2 and 120 lbs.

Travelers for this trip were myself, my older sister, my two friends Susie and Jen. We were there to celebrate Susie's recent husband ditching. Can't think of a better reason to hit Vegas! Our friend Matt joined us later in the trip. He was our token male.

We arrived at the mecca around 3pm with the time change. FANTASTIC. We'd arranged for a Presidential Limo. The sign was classic, announcing "Wang and the Gang" had arrived. Our driver, can't remember his name, looked like Mr Belvedere. He was marvelous. Gave us some great ideas for the weekend.

We were staying at the Flamingo. We didn't have a TR card at the time, but had arranged for an upgraded room based on a friends TR card. Worried me the whole trip. At checkout, no questions asked. Upgraded to a GO room. The room was FABULOUS, well worth the $20/night.

Our first day consisted of throwing $20's into slot machines up and down the strip. I don't think I won a penny, but it sure was fun! The night ended with our friend Matt arriving at 10pm, and a limo trip to The Peppermill. That is the best Bloody Mary I've ever had. Not to mention the omelet. Not to mention the huge sundae the hostess brought us because of our general awesome nature. Just a great place all around.

I should mention that the entire focus of one members trip (Matt) was to find his next ex-wife. He met several potential candidates, but none panned out. Shocker.

Day 2, we spent nearly the entire day at the pool. We rented a cabana. Worth every penny. I can't say I remember much of the day to be honest. Mandatory $200 liquor purchase. Mere mortals they must be talking about. Our tab (with 5 of us) was in the $700 range. Lots of Mai Tai's and Budweiser and various eats. After a day in the Vegas heat, multiplying that with too much liquor, we all needed something calm. We decided on the Harrah's Buffet. Not bad at all! They had something for everyone, a very expansive choice. Nothing super fabulous, but perfectly nice. Some of the lesser brave in our group headed back to Flamingo to hit the hay. I, on the other hand, had poker tournaments calling my name. I decided to hit O'Shea's, a favorite of mine. I didn't win, but I made a good showing, finishing at the final table.

Day 3 - Sunday was a girls day, just to hang out. A promise was made to one member of our party that we would eat McDonalds in Vegas, so we hit that for breakfast. While standing outside McDonalds, we got to witness Las Vegas's finest arrest two gentlemen who stole something from one of the outdoor vendors. To sort of quote Katie Perry, "Thats what you get for stealing shit in Vegas". It was like a scene from cops. For us small town girls, it was the hit of the weekend!

Now this day had one purpose and one purpose only. Score the best seats for Bette for the least amount of money. We checked out Tix 4 2nite. They were $70 each, and they were the last section. Off to Caesars ticket counter. We'd seen a deal on travelzoo with a code for a discount. At the ticket counter, we asked if they would honor this for purchase. No can do. Kinda silly, if you ask me, but I guess we'd have to do it on the internet. So, we preceeded to blackberry our tickets and send them to will call. I purposely waited for the ticket counter rep that denied us first off. He presented me with my will call. Of course, I had to mention how much easier it would have been if they just would have honored our request while we were there. He smirked, handed me my tickets, and moved on. We have front balcony, 2nd row. Dead Center. Great seats, and only $60 each. Now that tickets were in hand, our day could continue!

Two in our party went to Bodies, while two of us couldn't possibly stand that crap, and instead ate chips and guacamole at the little tequila bar outside of Bodies. Took a cab to In N Out and then back to our room to get ready for Bette.

She was AMAZING. The showgirl INDEED must go on. Oh.....one completely awesome thing. While waiting to get to our seats to see Bette, we saw Neil Patrick Harris. Yep, NPH. I for one don't feel right about bugging somebody, so we left him alone. He was with a group of older women, maybe a mom or grandma. Regardless, its a celebrity sighting. He looked fabulous.

This was our last night in Vegas, and I had no intention of sleeping, as our flight left at 7am the next morning. We ate a late supper at the Victorian room. Everyone else proceeded to bed, but my sister and I had decided to do something. We set out and ended up in the Paris for dessert. Creme Brulee. It was fabulous. Spent the rest of the time just people watching. I never get tired of that in Vegas.

The trip home was uneventful, beside the really rough ride. When we got home, we heard about the Air France crash. Nice to be on solid ground when that news hit.

I'll be back in Vegas in September, and this trip will be focused on GAMBLING (mainly poker) and drinking! No pool time. No shows. No girls. (except for me, but I hardly qualify when I'm all boozed up) Just what Vegas deserves.

Hopefully my first attempt at a trip report didn't bore everyone too much!

2. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a blast....thanks for posting.

3. great report! too bad our trips won't overlap!

4. Blondie76

Blondie76 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a great time. Are you going solo in September? Thanks for posting. It was a fun read. :)

5. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR sounds like you all had a blast :)

6. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever "The Welfare Queen of Windsor"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not boring at all!!!

7. sailor53

sailor53 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greatly enjoyable. Thanks for posting!

8. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    September Trip

I am probably solo but may have some friends/family that may join me during a portion of it. (I'm going regardless of who shows up) I noticed comped rooms and decided I couldn't think of a better reason to go to Vegas. Plus, it just so happens I'll be celebrating a birthday while there!

9. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great first time TR. Thanks for posting.

later, GVJ

10. Jamie in PA

Jamie in PA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome Report!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.