1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First Vegas Family Trip Ever

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by wellmel, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So this was one of the best Vegas trips I have ever done. Why? Because we actually did a crap load of cool things and weren't wasted all the time. Plus we weren't there on peak weekend days, so things were less crowded and cheaper. April 10-13, 2016.

But we did spend a ton of money and were a bit stressed with how many activities i had planned. My fault, but it was really cool to have seen so much.

The group was composed of my 62 year old mother, 31 year old brother and me. I'm 28 years old, btw.

Sunday April 10

Morning flights arrived about 10:45 am in Vegas. First thing we did was drop our bags off at the bellhop at Caesar's and go to the 12 pm reservations I made for us at Border Grill for their tapas brunch buffet. I had been wanting to do that forever. My usual excursions to Vegas didn't include much fine dining.

It was delicious! There was so much to try and lots of good stuff for even my brother who's a vegetarian and my mom who has a sensitive stomach. And the bottomless mimosas were only $10 and they had all kinds of flavors. So fun!

Then we went to pickup some of our various show tickets and check in to our room at Elara. The room was huge, so not cramped like I thought it might be with my brother on the couch. However, I was disappointed because we were supposed to be getting an upgrade to a junior suite, yet I could tell by the fridge and kitchen area it was their basic room. Whatever, I had better stuff to care about.

In the evening, I can't recall what we had for dinner so it must have no been awesome. Probably Earl's - which is great but not special for me. The show we saw that night - Beatles LOVE. Oh man, amazing! I urge you to check it out! My favorite was the colorful sheet that floated above the audience. We got premium seats and were super impressed. The 360 stage was also super unique.

Monday April 11

Apparently my family sleeps in like mad. Or rather, we were waiting for my brother who sleeps in like mad. We eventually did a brunch type of thing at Hexx where we used myVegas coupon for the 2 for 1 cocktails. Unfortunately that didn't include the potion drinks. Haha, those two can't take that much alcohol anyway. Everything was a-ok, weird cranberries in the bread in my club sandwich. Drinks were bomb.

I think I walked around with them and showed them the inside of the Bellagio and the fountains. We also picked up more tickets.

Dinner was ok, it was at some kind of ocean grill in PH shops. Then we went to this night time helicopter ride I had bought on groupon. It was pretty dope, even though I had been having trouble sleeping so I was tired and being a bit rude.

At night we did the MJ One Show by Cirque. Really good, but doesn't compare to Beatles.

Tuesday April 12

Don't remember anything significant for breakfast. Same deal of waiting for my bro to wake up so we were smart this time and grabbed some snack breakfast foods the day before at Walgreens.

I know later we used some more myVegas stuff. The "Sweet Shot" at the chocolate bar turned out to be some stupid jolly rancher shots, not like online posts I had read where they could actually get a chocolate martini. We went ahead and bought the martinis for ourselves, they were delicious. I recommend the reeses peanut butter one. But my family preferred the chocolate caramel.

I think we ate at BurgR in PH for lunch – but I may be getting my restaurant meals all mixed up throughout the times and days… oh well. I had been wanting to go to BurgR forever. Soooo good and not that bad pricing for Vegas. Everything was beautiful and tasty, and our server was super friendly and fantastic.

At 5pm I had the Chef's Tasting Dinner at Lupo Wolfgang Puck with my mom at 5pm. Everything was AMAZING. Especially the pistachio soufflé. I adore soufflés and I adore pistachio flavor! Oh man.

At 7 pm we had the shark reef, also myvegas. That was just ok. Then we went to the Blue Man Group. So cool! We got front row and they were so much more funny than I expected.

That night I took my brother to Omnia. The man has never been to any club in his life, nonetheless a Vegas club. Sheltered, he is. He thought it was cool, but I was tired and didn't feel like conversating with anyone or drinking. We left after about 30 min, and he was fine with it since he wasn’t planning on dancing or anything anyway. It was a free night though, so no money wasted.

Wednesday April 13

The next day we had a breakfast without my brother, because, screw it, we’re tired of waiting and we have to get to the Neon Boneyard at 11 am. Yes, it was my fault for getting him more drunk than he ever has been with a couple shots of vodka and a 24 ouncer of a strawberrita last night…. But he would have slept in anyway. It was insignificant, I don’t really remember where, like the place across from the Ocean place we ate at in PH.

Neon Boneyard time! Oh man! It was sooooo cool. An hour long tour where they gave a very detailed history of Vegas. It was so interesting, though the heat was pretty intense. I don’t recommend ever going during the summer time. They gave us umbrellas for shade though. I got some amazing pictures.

Then we grabbed some quick Mexican food at Cabo Wabo in PH. Pretty good, I liked the $5 margaritas.

Then it was flight time. Booo.

As I write this, I have two more weeks until I am in Vegas again. :headbang:

• Like Like x 2
  2. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. vegasvette

vegasvette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super report, thanks.

4. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. Awesome pictures. And so useful posting which MyVegas rewards you used.

5. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. I see your reward for Hexx, isn't that at the Paris?

6. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it's at Paris, where we were seated outside we saw the eiffel tower in full view. Got some good pictures.

7. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent thanks. I always thought the MyVegas rewards were just MGM places. I'll have to check it out.

8. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah not even!! They have so much, and if you get into the rules, you'll find that the non-MlLife places have their own rules about max usage, and don't count for the maximum of 3 rewards in 30 days. (Hence why I could use 6 rewards in one trip). Even though MyVegas has gone way down hill, I still find it fun. Of course, I've always loved free stuff, and free stuff in Vegas makes everything ten times better.
    They even have rewards for royal caribbean and some overseas places or other states.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I hear ya. I haven't played it for a long time and have only ever used it for a monorail pass and the secret garden. I have just over 40,000 points to use so maybe I'll get something for our July trip.

10. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You did a lot of stuff in such a short period of time. Seeing Love and Border Grill is on my to do list for the next trip. Love the new make over. Did you score any tips on the strip from tourists wanting a picture?

Mark

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! And nice pic organizing! It sounds like you had a great time!

But I wish 2 shots of vodka and one 25oz. can of Strawberrita would still get me drunk. It's bad enough that I know the can is 25oz. instead of 24 oz. Lol

And sounds like you'll be back before you know it! Wish I was that close! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.