1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First Trip in 10 Years!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by RealRedRider, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealRedRider

RealRedRider Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm heading out on Monday for a conference but my dad is going to meet me out there. We are celebrating life...he has survived 7 bypasses and prostate cancer! Feeling lucky!

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Celebrating Life??? Great reminder to us all... I've been gettin' a bit bummed around here lately with so many snarky (I've been guilty too) and complaining posts. I hope you both have BLAST in Las Vegas and enjoy all it has to offer, but most importantly enjoy each other. My Dad passed away in September, but I had a fantastic 78 years (actually I had 54 years) with him, he had the other 24 before I was born! Your post reminds me what's important!

3. RealRedRider

RealRedRider Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Smartone. We always have a great time together. I usually have a hard time keeping up with the old man. We are staying at Cosmo but we like to gamble downtown. It's been too long since we were in town.

4. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!
    you won't recognize DT !!
    have a blast!!

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
    Hey Now! 6 days in Biloxi....plus early Mardi Gras Parades!!!
  5. RealRedRider

RealRedRider Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great! Can't wait!

6. RealRedRider

RealRedRider Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Testing countdown

Hope this finally works.

7. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had trouble too!!!....great luck to you!!

8. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome! Y'all have a great time, but leave some money there for me...:beer:

9. RealRedRider

RealRedRider Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Follow Up

We are still recovering. We had a great time. My old man had some luck in high limit area slots at Golden Nugget. I had a little luck there on Roulette. We had no luck on craps. On the last night we had planned to take it easy because we had a 6:45 flight the next morning. So much for that idea! We decided to stay in our hotel, Cosmo.

We played Roulette next to these hot Swiss girls speaking German. One was talking trash in her language but it was quite obvious what she was saying. So I called her out a little and left after I lost my chips.

We were essentially done...except for my promo offer from identity sign up - $100 reloaded on my card if I lose $100 in slots in 24 hrs. Well lets go blow that in the high limit room. I was down to $15 playing Top Dollar with max credit of 2 so that I could get to the top of the game. Reel one...nothing....reel two...nothing...reel three top dollar! Yes! Offer 1... 20 credits...I pass. Offer 2...15 credits. I pass. Offer 3...10 credits. Crap. Offer 1 doesn't look so bad. Oh well, fourth and final offer.........1000 credits!!! $5000 I accept. The very nice lady attending to these machines, Maria, was very kind. She said she had never seen it happen before.

We cash out and I head back over to the Swiss babes to show off my winnings. I know...a little petty but we had a few cocktails. The smart mouth one couldn't believe it and by the way was now down to her last two chips.

I gave my dad the same money he came out with. So we both won.

What a fun trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.