1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First Time to Vegas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by el_bets, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_bets

el_bets Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello to everyone. My wife has been telling me she has been wanting to go to Vegas. I want to surprise her on our anniversary (next week 2 years) with a trip to Vegas. I'm planning to book from Dec 23 to 29 Dec. (we both have off that time). She's always talking about Paris hotel, so i'm going to book their. So my questions are:
    Is December a good time to go?
    What is a good place to book flight/hotel?
    What are the places we must go or do at Vegas? (expensive or cheap)

I would appreciate your help
    Thanks

p.s we are both 25

2. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would look through a number of sites and compare the prices. You can go through sites like Priceline or Expedia..etc... which can come out good, but its also good to check out the prices through the hotel or airline.

Smartervegas.com is a good website for getting good rates. They give you the coupon codes for various hotels, which are often the same or less than those other sites. It seems that Paris, PH, Caeser's ..etc have more non promo dates than the MGM properties.

You can also get good deals through the airline sometimes, southwest usually has some good package or individual ticket prices.

3. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome!

December is a great time. Not sure where you live, but Vegas is cold in December but not Minnesota cold. On the Strip I would wear a sweater. Also, the Rodeo crowd is gone and the New Year's crowd has not arrived.

Since you're staying at Paris, I would try caesars.com. They always have sales. As for a flight, depends where you're coming from. I always use southwest.com as they have great service from where I'm coming. Also, flights.google.com is a great aggregator.

Must-do? Nothing is a must-do. For your first time, just explore the Strip and don't overplan! There is so much to do, there is no need to make any big plans. You have time. Go to a show (tix4tonite booths located all over the Strip, 30-50% off day-of show tickets). Go to a buffet (Paris has a good one). Get a nice dinner (can't swing a dead cat without hitting a high-falutin' restaurant).

And have fun!!

:beer:

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas between 12/25 and 12/31 is referred to as "dead week".
    It's very cheap to go then...
    We are ;)
    I would book directly through TotalRewards (so if you gamble at all, you can have a chance to get it comped/reduced)
    If there's an Allegiant Airport near you, they're always cheap
    Must do's....well, that's different for everyone, but for a first timer I'd say:
    1.) Walk The Strip at night
    2.) Go Downtown for a few hours
    3.) Go up to the top of Stratosphere
    4.) Hoover Dam / Tillman Bridge
    5.) Red Rock Canyon
    6.) Valley of Fire

Palace Tower Suite!
  5. el_bets

el_bets Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be traveling from south texas

Tags: