1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First time parlay

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by boxofbirds, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxofbirds

boxofbirds High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed to Vegas in two weeks and was gonna try out some parlays. Any advice for my first parlay? Anything I should know? I've done some regular football bets before, but that's it. I like the idea of chance for a big pay off. Read up a bit on Wizard of Odds, sounds like the sports books have cards that you can just make your picks on and hand it over to the ticket person?

Will be staying and playing at Aria.

Trip #12
  2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct, most books have parlay cards. Or you can just announce a parlay to the person writing the ticket at the window. No real good advice to give you. Gamblers like parlays because they pay off bigger. But there is a reason they pay off bigger ....

3. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep... house edge is higher on parlays than if you just made straight wagers on all the games you planned to bet on.

That said, parlay cards usually have opening point spreads on them for when they were printed. This means that as the spread moves throughout the week the parlay cards have better spreads for certain sides (usually the favorite).

But, the parlay cards have worse payouts than if you walked up to the counter and just announced your parlay to the ticket writer.

Good luck.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.