1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First time going to Vegas since baby...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Lhammer28, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I had a baby and he will be 11 months when we go to Vegas, and it would be our first time leaving our son overnight!!!
    When was the first time that you left on a flight away from your baby? Mom's & Dad's, too???
    I have a major fear of flying and now Im even more scared that I am going to leave my baby parentless, all because I want to go celebrate my 30th in Vegas....

I know the stats and how its more likely for me to die on the way to the airport than in the air, and if it my time, its my time, but I just cannot get that damn thought out of my head!!!

-Crazy new mom!!! lol

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moms and Dads need time to themselves as well.

Just wait until your son is 2-3 and you desperately need a vacation away from him but can't get anyone to care for him so you can get away!!!! (Happened to me).

You're not crazy.

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  3. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is going to seem silly, but I swear it's true... back in the 80s, my boss used to make the various members of our management team take seperate flights to conventions. When asked why, his answer was, "If one plane goes down, I cannot afford to lose all of you. Two planes won't crash on the same day to the same destination. It's never happened. Ever."

Now, I'm not saying I would take a seperate flight from my spouse, but if it's truly bugging you, it is an option.

Finally have the room booked! Look for me Feb 21-23
  4. bobby jones

bobby jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is quite common actually. I know many families and executive teams who do this.

5. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So thats weird, I already told my husband that I wanted to do that!

6. gradytripp

gradytripp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's quite common for people in their late 20s/early 30s (right where you are) to develop an even worse fear of flying than they may have already had. It happened to me. As a parent of a 6- and 10-year old, I can tell you that it's better for your child if you get the chance to blow off steam in LV once in awhile. Thankfully, my inlaws are happy to host my kids' "vacations" at their place on our once- or twice-a-year getaways to Vegas.

You might see your doctor about your fear of flying; my wife did, she got a prescription, and it helped her immensely. (She only takes half the pill--that was enough.)

7. sconnie

sconnie Downtown Kinda Guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First son was about 10 months old. We also headed to Vegas for that event. Second son was probably 3-4 months old. Wife was still nursing so she had to "pump and dump" but all was good.

2 Guys Take on Down Town
    Make Up Trip With My Wife
  8. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was 21, and scared shitless to fly. It was the first time since I was 3 months old that I flew. I was afraid of dying.
    Then I had a lil one at 22, and took him with me in 2011 when he was 5 months old. He has been with me in Vegas everytime. I just took him alone last month. We live an hour away and still fly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.