1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First Time cashing in my points...nervous!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Jane42, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, All!
    Second time in Vegas, FIRST visit to the strip - definitely a newbie to all this!

Heading to Vegas in December and hoping to use my loyalty points but I have a few questions.

Even though it shows that the mid-week bonus room date that I want is an available date for the NYNY, should I call ahead to make sure they have it open before purchasing it?

If I purchase the MGM buffet, but we do not get around to using it, can I turn it back in and get my points back?

There are three of us but only two of us have enough loyalty points to purchase tickets to KA, so I was planning on purchasing the first one with my points and a second at full price, my sister is planning on purchasing the companion ticket(each person is only limited to one per, correct?). How do we make sure our seats are together?

And finally....Is the NYNY across the street from MGM?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me!!

2. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Jane. Welcome to the board!

If you have your dates set that you're going, I would purchase the NYNY room reward now and call to book it immediately. If it's not available they will refund your Loyalty Points.

If you get the MGM buffet at the Mlife desk, but do not use it they will not refund your LPs. Same thing if you book a room then cancel, they will not refund your LPs.

Call with your sister when you book the show and ask to have seats together. You'll both need your Mlife number and redemption code.

And yes, the MGM is across the street from NYNY.

Have a great trip!

:beer:

3. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the welcome, Matty Ice - and thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!

4. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes purchase it and then call or they won't give you the info without the code. I have booked 6 nights with MyVegas...purchase as soon as possible. I booked my nov trip in May and June

Have fun and enjoy!

5. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where as they won't refund a reward after you've attempted to redeem it at the players club, what you can do is purchase the reward with your LP's, print out and bring with you the confirmation code, and then only take it to the MLife desk when you know for sure you are going to use it. If you end up not getting a chance and never gave that code to the MLife desk then you can have it refunded when you get back.

6. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, good advice MitKraft. I usually have about 3-4 food places I have purchased but end up only using 1-2 on a 4 day trip, just gives me options. I tend to bounce around on a trip and never know which end of strip I am going to be at. BTW, last trip, I used my $50 Monte Carlo at Diablo's, was pretty disappointed in the fajita's, maybe I just didn't order the right thing.

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another point on the MC $50 dining credit: we were told by the MLife desk that it had to be used on that day and it had to decide which restaurant to use it at when getting the credit applied to your card at the MLife desk.

We just used it at the cafe since it was late and most other places were closing. This was our third time eating there and we've always liked the food.

8. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mitkraft...I thought I had read somewhere that you could go ahead and purchase, but if you do not redeem it while on vacation, you could get the LP's refunded...just couldn't find that info again! Thanks!

I think I see where the confusion comes in. If I don't go the Mlife to redeem, I can get the refund. If I redeem but don't use, then I lose the LP's.

Thanks, all!

9. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you buy the MGM (or any) buffet, take the reward printout with you. If you want to redeem it, then go to the Mlife desk at that property and exchange your printout for a voucher. At this point you cannot get your LP's back so it's a use it or lose it.

If you don't end up wanting the reward, just don't go to the Mlife desk for redemption. Simply email MyVegas when you return and give them the conf codes of the rewards you didn't use and they will re-instate your LP's. They have processed mine lightening fast, within the hour usually.

It's really simple.... once you visit the Mlife desk to exchange your confirmation for a voucher it is considered used and non-refunable. Hotel rooms are similar, you can buy the reward and request a refund at any time UNTIL you call MyVegas and book the reservation. once the reservation is made, it is considered a 'used' reward.

Since it sounds like you are set on a certain date, jump on the reward and hop on the phone asap!

Have fun!
    diane

10. Nina_930

Nina_930 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So lets say I am at the hotel and decide not to use a voucher. If I use the internet on my room to email them and cancel, I could technically purchase another voucher and use it during my trip?

If I am not sure where we will be eating, should I wait until we get there and then purchase a food voucher?

Thank you!

11. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can purchase as many rewards as you want...but you can only redeem 3. On my last trip, I couldn't decide so I purchased 5 rewards, redeemed 3, and got the other 2 refunded when I got home. No issues at all.

12. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to be really careful about deciding to buy and redeem a reward while in LV. Your computer location will show as LV and MANY of the rewards you normally see won't be available, as they aren't available to LV locals.

I looked at the available rewards on my laptop from my room in LV and LOTS did not show up at all, such as many of the show tickets and comped rooms.

diane

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.