1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First Time Cashing in For Rewards

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by VegasLover8, Sep 16, 2016.

1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

Been playing for a little bit and plan on cashing in for some rewards for my upcoming trip. Sorry in advance if any of these have been asked/answered. I just play on my phone and do NOT have a facebook account linked. But I have accumulated about 95K LP playing BJ and about 13K playing slots.

1) How does redemption work? I never gave/entered my MLIFE card #. I just started playing on my phone. And because it is not linked with facebook, it doesn't really know who I am.

2) Can I redeem while in Vegas? I assume I can just show my phone? I plan on using 75K LP on the steakhouse at Luxor, but it seems to be sold out all the time. I have not decided what other redemptions to use. I want the flexibility of using something on a whim like drinks or whatever at a bar.

3) I read there are 3 redemptions per visit. Because I am not linked to facebook and I assume the phone app doesn't know me from Adam, can my friend redeem 3 items also?

Thanks!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. When you redeem for the reward, it will ask for your name and email address. Room rewards have to have an mLife account linked to them so you can book them online. If you don't have any room rewards, then your MyVegas account and mLife accounts will be linked when you go to the players club desk to get them added to your mLife card.

2. You can redeem for rewards in the app while in Vegas, but the reward are limited due to geographical restrictions. Long story short, locals get shafted on rewards and, while you are in Nevada, it sees your location and shows you local only rewards. Don't try to circumvent the system while in Vegas to get rewards as MyVegas has been known to ban people from redeeming rewards by doing so. Without the rewards, there's not much point in playing the game anymore, IMHO.

3. Not from the same account you are playing on.* But if your friend is playing on his/her phone or Facebook, they get 3 mLife reward every 30 days also. Once you redeem the first time, they have your name and email address tied to those reward. You can't use the mLife rewards until you supply your mLife number to link the reward to your card to use. Once you do that, they have all of your info.

* Since you are playing 2 different apps and neither is linked to Facebook, it would be possible for your friend to redeem rewards from one of the 2 apps, but, once again, MyVegas frowns on this and could ban you and your friend from redemption if they figure out that you are playing for both of you.

My advice, have your friend start playing so you both can get rewards and also link both the slots and blackjack apps to your Facbook account so it combines all of your loyalty points. Also, you can play Konami Slots and Pop! Slots to earn more loyalty points as well.

3. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

Thanks for the info.

4. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get around "being in Vegas" by using a VPN to change your location. So if you are on a Phone you can find free apps in the stores where you can change your location to NY or wherever. I pay for a service and have left a reward free to decide later. On a laptop you can google it and a free VPN as well. Free ones usually give you limited bandwidth but since you are using to check rewards and cash it should be okay.

3rd Aria Stay Coming Up