1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First post!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by oilerscott, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerscott

oilerscott Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello out there! First post as I've just found this board after a friend referred me over.

Great amount of info in here that I'm trying to wade my way through and I sure wish I'd known about this board years ago.

We fly out tomorrow for Vegas so I guess my count down clock is at 24hrs. Thank god considering the weather here in snowy Alberta, Canada!

This will be about trip number 20 to Vegas give or take I think. We've stayed all over the place but always on strip. Past favorites would include Caesars and Mandalay Bay but we've also enjoyed family trips with our daughter staying at Signature MGM. Booked through VRBO seemed to save a few bucks there and the extra room and kitchenette comes in handy with kids.

I've used the $20 sandwich to great success over the years and probably the reason I like Caesars so much is we've had way over the top upgrades there using the sandwich.

For the first time we will be off strip at Rio and this board has been very helpful in giving me tips for there. We've been over there in the past to see Penn and Teller and the WSOP but never to stay.

We booked through Total Rewards so most of our week is comped except for those damn resort fees!

In reading here it looks like an upgrade to the Ipanema tower with a strip view would be great value for our $20 so we'll give it a try.

We have a couple shows booked (Carrot Top and Elton John) as well as dinners planned at Rao's and Mon Ami Gabi so I'll post more info on our return. We've never eaten at or seen the shows above so hopefully it all turns out!

If anyone has some last minute tips for Rio I'd love to hear them.

Looking forward to learning and sharing with the board!

2. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are enemies!!! I am a flames fan :)

All kidding aside have fun! I can't wait to go in 2 weeks. Getting away from our crappy winter this year will be lovely. No plus temps till april :thumbsdown: So vegas will feel like hawaii temp wise i am sure.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ran away from NH but I need to do it again......winter just doesn't want to end this year! ENJOY your trip and welcome to the forum. I know you will enjoy Carrot Top, a good choice.

Jimbo338

4. oilerscott

oilerscott Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much! In the airport now in chilly Edmonton waiting to fly out!

5. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome!! Let me know if the $20 slide works for you to get an upgrade at the Rio as we will be starting off our trip there in Sept. :)

Our first trip to Vegas we stayed there and fell in love with the city. We arrived after midnight and they were booked except for player suites! (Back before they built the Ipanema tower) We ended up with a 3 room suite with montain views to wake up to on our very first morning! They moved us out of the suite the next day, but man o man was it something else to spend the night in that suite for a first visit.

We stayed there about 3 years ago and really enjoyed the seafood buffet. :thumbsup: We splurged after a lucky spin while debating on what to do for dinner!

Enjoy your trip!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.