1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First Impromptu Vegas Trip - Love It

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vegasvic, Aug 9, 2016.

1. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Vegas many times over the years and every trip has been planned well in advance. Anywhere from 3-6 months. Last weekend we were looking to go somewhere next week and weren't even considering Vegas, we were just there for a week in June But a $69 (Frontier, hate them but great price) airfare to Vegas combined with free return trip on Southwest (points for me, voucher from delayed flight for my girlfriend, combined with some comp hotel rooms and we're doing it. We're actually splitting up the trip, starting out with a couple of nights in Vegas, then heading down to Sedona and the GC for a few days, then ending in Vegas for a couple more nights. It was 115 when we were there in June and it looks like it will be cooler next week (108) lol.

I know many of you have done impromptu trips and while I always enjoy the planning, the anticipation, the booking/rebooking hotels looking for a better deal, it's kind of cool to just book and then go a week later. The only downside is the rental car rate is quite a bit higher than we usually pay.

• Like Like x 1
  2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well damn, I decided to check car rental again (Costco) and it went down $80. A good omen :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds fun. I've never done impromptu because I love planning, but let us know how it goes.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that's what feels so weird. We love the planning too. Pick out dates and get a flight booked. Almost always Southwest so we can keep checking that periodically and get the credit if it goes down (about 25% of the time). Then start on hotels. Then shows. Then other activities in and around Vegas. We're only doing one show this time. Brad Garrett is at his comedy club next week. I saw him there last time and he was a riot (front row with my son, got picked on big time). My GF had to go home a day early that trip and missed it. No other shows this time. Just some relaxing, gambling, down to Arizona, then back for relaxing and gambling. :)

5. carolineno

carolineno High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish i could do an impromptu trip but i rarely have enough vacation time left! If i ever won any of those Vegas vacation contests i don't know what i would do! Trying to change my ways. Have a great trip!

6. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like fun!

Albeit on a much smaller-scale than your trip, we once were out for just a local Sunday drive and ended up in Duluth for an impromptu weekend wearing only the clothes on our backs--plus a trip to Target for diapers, baby food, and other necessities for the minions' survival. I imagine your Vegas trip will be just as exciting.

Wishing you and your gf an awesome trip!

RICHARD