1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First floor of Tao

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by schwaiguy, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, everyone,

How does the First floor of Tao work? Reserved tables? Table service? Can you just sit down?

I like the music down there better than the two djs upstairs. I would have no problem sitting down for drinks/appetizers, but don't wanna pay $100s for bottle service.

Schwaiguy

2. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Tao only once and this was on Halloween night. I got bottle service and they put me in a pathetic location that was right near the front entrance that was open to the main walkway. It was a busy night so they crammed every possible seating area for any bottle service demand. This was very bad for a lot of us and we didn't enjoy our evening there because of it. Every person who walked in would brush by our table and there was zero space for us to be comfortable. Not cool when you are paying $500 a bottle.

I would say on a normal night, the first floor near the front entrance is a free-for-all seating area but as soon as you walk onto the dance floor area where there are booths to the right side, those are the regular bottle service areas. I hope this answers your question.

3. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I'm picturing it, based on your post. I liked the scenery ;) and the music on the first floor better. I was on the stairs once and asked the security where Martin Soveig was coming from. The times I've gone, I've found both of the upstairs djs to be pretty weak. More than made up for, though, by the crowd ;) on Thursday and Friday (not Saturday).

Actually, I've seen better djs in Abq, and even Gallup, NM than I have in a lot of Vegas clubs. Abq has a thriving EDM scene, bringing in a lot of the same people who play at XS. They brought in Steve Aoki, Chris Lake, Markus Schulz, Sander Van Doorn, Sidney Samson, Alvin Risk, Adrain Lux, and (DJ) Tydi.

4. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if it's a thurs, fri, or sat nite and you're wanting a seat in the first floor lounge area, it is by bottle service only.

5. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that ain't gonna happen. I've got a good promoter, so I don't normally go into clubs where I have to pay. Maybe XS, or if a good DJ like Cedic Gervais or Gareth Emery is playing somewhere.

6. DK702

DK702 Guest

Gareth Emery is at Marquee this friday night :peace:

7. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, but I don't have my next trip planned yet. I was going to see Gareth Emery last time I was in vegas, but I got stuck in a parking structure traffic jam.

schwaiguy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.