1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fireworks in the Cold

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by loveshed, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loveshed

loveshed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Just a brief overview of the DW and I New Years trip. We were scheduled out of Midway on Southwest on Thursday morning. Due to fog the airport was closed on Wed. evening and the first half of the Friday schedule was canceled. After many many calls to SW and finding that the only flight not sold out would be on Jan. 1. We took that and then went to the airport first thing Friday around 5 A.M. SW put in a flight at 7 A.M. and we were able to get on that one. I felt bad for the other people in the airport because some of them had been there for several days.
    We had a junior suite at the Signature and it was very nice as always. One thing that was strange was that we never saw another person on our floor. No other visitors and no one who worked there.
    NYE fireworks were very nice. It was cold out but hell I live in Chicago so it was no big deal to me. It was actually warmer in Chicago on NYE than it was in Vegas.
    Food wise we hit Peppermill right out of the airport as always. Dinner at craftsteak one day was very good but we have been a few times and the DW and I both decided we will try a different steakhouse next trip. We made our usual trip to in n out. On Sunday morning we went to Grand Lux for the first time. It was very good and I had the buffet for $15 which I thought was a great deal and the omelet station was very good. DW had the chicken and waffle and she enjoyed it. I try not to go to restaurants in Vegas that we have here but we gave it a try and really liked it. We had margaritas and salsa and chips at Isla and it wasn’t as good as on previous trips. Fish and Chips in the food court in NYNY were good as always. OH one other thing on New Year’s morning around 4 A.M. we went to Mr. Luck’s at the Hard Rock. We had the steak and egg special for 5 bucks and it was very good. Normally I don’t expect much from the steak specials but I was pleasantly surprised. That place was packed however you would have thought it was noon. That was the only time during the whole weekend that I felt the crowds around me.
    Very little gambling this trip. No wins.
    We tried to see O (only Circ show we haven’t seen) and a few others but the seats were always horrible or it was sold out.
    And that’s about it. DW says I can go with the guys in March so I need to get a great valentines present for her…..maybe a veggie with some carats.

2. ant1433

ant1433 Low-Roller

I can recommend Bobby Flay's Mesa grill in Caesars for steak. The man knows how to cook a great steak.( I actually saw him there once and he had an apron on..not just shaking hands etc) I am sure there other great steak houses in LV. I just try and go where they take Reward Points to eat.

3. LaRae

LaRae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She's a good wife!! Carats, lots of carats & ranch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.