1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fine Dining

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by rddoria, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rddoria

rddoria Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody ever eat at Oscar's at The Plaza? Joe Vicari's Andiamo at The D?

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I do Thanksgiving with family every year at Oscar's. The food has been excellent and the service top notch. It's also one of the most expensive restaurants Downtown - but worth it.

The "broads" part of the dining experience is a bit cheesy. They'll come around and quickly gauge whether or not you want to engage with them. If you indicate you don't want to do that, they'll gracefully move on to the next table.

Bill

3. kevthegrad

kevthegrad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I often try to eat at Joe Vicari's Andiamo but they have a pesky "keep your pants/shorts" on rule and I get thrown out before my main course constantly.

4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at both. Oscar's was a great classic steakhouse. The service was very good and I would eat there again. The decor is a bit dated but everything is great. Andiamo is a great meal, Italian steakhouse. Service was also great and the food was excellent.

Oscar's if you want a classic steakhouse, Andiamo if you want an Italian appetizers and sides.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  5. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to Andiamos once, my group and I really enjoyed it. Holds its own compared to upper middle tier steak joints on the strip, plus the Italian portion of the menu provides plenty of options for those who aren't in the mood for beef or seafood.

6. checkchange

checkchange Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Andiamos, the reviews were great but I was not impressed. What I liked was: huge antipasti enough for 4, wife had pregois which she said were great. Dislikes: service was slow, had steak and lobster nothing spectacular there.

I much prefer Hugo's and Vic and Anthony's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.