1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finding a long strand of female hair in a bed?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by JWBlue, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

My wife pulled up our mattress at a Vegas hotel ---
    she found the whole second mattress full of
    dark hair.
    it was pretty nasty !
    we called housekeeping + they thought it would be
    nothing --- until the maid saw it + called reinforcements !
    They replaced the whole thing.
    If I found one hair in my bed --
    I'd have the sheets changed.

2. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Calming Anxieties

If the sheets looked ironed I'd think it was from housekeeping as well. It's not like they are required to wear hair nets.
    Anyway I'd probally do the same... Brush it off with a tissue and wash my hands. I find that hand sanitizer seems to
    help calm my anxieties about germs. I've been known to use moist towelettes to wipe down a Slot machine and I use
    sanitizer and wash my hands frequently while in Vegas. No wonder my hands are in bad shape by the time I get home!

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can buy lotion with hand sanitizer built in!

4. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remove it and don't think about it again. We live in one of a very few clean countries compared to the rest of the world....I'm pretty sure most of the world would kill to be in a situation where it was just a long strand of hair in their bed.

I do have my limits, of course. Reading about the urine content in the party pools in Las Vegas turned me off. It's worse than a bunch of toddlers in there.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does it really matter what others would do? If 95 percent of us are not inclined to call the CDC, it does what if a person is part of the 5 percent who are excessively phobic?

I've always thought it would be fun to put our own homes through the county health department test. A "B" rating on a restaurant sends some folks into an apocalypse-is-a-hand meltdown. But I gotta admit something, I've been known to double-dip the spoonful of peanut butter and slurp from the milk jug.

As aptly pointed out, Vegas is an exceedingly filthy place, and a hair on a sheet is just a nonstarter.

6. AliGee

AliGee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darn it, I had my OCD in check again until I read this thread.:evillaugh

Seriously, I'd just remove it as long as the bed looked like it had been made with fresh sheets, and I used to be the kind of person who put the hotel remote in a plastic bag. I say used to be, the whole germs on hands thing gets too overwhelming when you stop and think about it, so I stopped. Now I just pay attention to where my hands have been before putting them anywhere near my mouth. But since someone brought up the "short and curlys" here's a funny, but true, story that has nothing to do with beds, but it cracks me up because it ended up in an intervention that was embarrassing for all parties involved:

For several mornings in a row, I would adjourn to the ladies room at work to find a scattering of short to medium length black frizzy hair on the floor at the base of the toilet. Sometimes it would be a few hairs, other times it would be enough to line a nest. It was frequent enough for me to think that someone had a severe pube shedding problem, and gross enough that I thought the perpetrator should be (gently) confronted. At the time, there were only three women working there and only one of us had black hair, so I approached the other female worker and found out she had noticed it too.

We both agreed it was disturbing, and we were genuinely worried that our friend could be oblivious to what she was leaving behind after her potty visits. We decided to just bring it up in general conversation, as in "have you noticed that somebody is leaving hair behind in the stall..."

Over coffee one morning we did exactly that. The lady's mind just simply didn't go where our minds had gone automatically, and with complete innocence she said something like "Oh, I'm sorry that has to be me!" She then explained that she had a weave (hair intermixed with her own to make it look fuller and longer), and she must have been absent-mindedly sitting there tidying it up by pulling out the hairs that were working their way out. It was a sort of nervous habit, apparently. As she was apologizing again, my friend bursts out "but we thought it was pubes!"

I have never seen anyone so mortified in my life as that poor black-haired woman. She still speaks to us.

7. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on how much I have had to drink :beer:

but really I would just remove it and wash my hands IF the rest looked clean, it could have came from the lady changing the bed. I'm not that short and sometmes have to lean far over to get the sheet just right when I make my bed so it is possible

Toilets...hate those that hover and don't clean the seat after..have any of you watched the Penn and Teller Bullshit episode on germs and toilet seats..those paper covers do nothing for you.

8. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    P.S. How do you know the hair was female?

9. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coulda been some aging long haired rockers hair, like mine.

10. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you spent some time looking into what's allowed in our food source, I'm guessing a single hair in an otherwise clean room could be overlooked.

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm blind as a bat without my glasses. There could be a tarantula in the bed with me and I wouldn't see it. But if I did see a hair, I would just remove it.

12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the sheets were tight & firm I would just expect it was a stray that fell off the housekeeper. No biggie in my book. Nail clippings, well that's another matter that I can remember happened but I can't remember where.........(not Vegas).

Easter again..:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.