1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

finally booked for March

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After months of griping about the crappy dates my brother stuck us with...our March trip is finally booked. I did I best I could in terms of prices but it is what it is. March 6th to 13th. The 6th being my brother's birthday.

Here's the rundown;

Nonstop flight from Detroit to Vegas on Delta booked on Amex travel.
    Car rental from Budget booked on Sam's Club (awesome prices on there)
    Thursday to Sunday nights at Bally's
    Monday to To Wed nights at Golden Nugget

We're hoping to take my brother and his wife to Sunday brunch on the strip. I'm not sure which one yet. We're thinking Cosmo or Caesars. Or even a non brunch buffet like Wynn. I was hoping for a little guidance on that one. Although I'm not doing Sterling brunch and they won't go off strip.

2. lylesvegas

lylesvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet !!!! Hope you guys have an awesome time.....

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been starting to look at flights for my March trip but Allegiants prices are waaay to high. They better come down soon.

4. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I vaguely remember you posting something about it but refresh my memory, why do you have to go then??

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe we need a "Pre-Trip - TripReport" section.

Have fun!

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long story SweetCanadian, but basically my brother took care of the estates for both my mother and father, which was a complicated job. His wife is a CMA and she took care of all the tax and financials. Not that it went smoothly because of my sister, but, it would have been so much worse without them. We don't have a relationship with our sister anymore because of the stuff she pulled during that time, cherry on top of a lifetime of crap, you know? He's also in Albert and we're in Ontario, it's not like I see him a lot. So anyway, I'm just happy he is choosing to have a relationship with me.

He's not a Vegas lover, has only been once for work. We were planning to meet up in Vegas September 2013 (this past Sept) and we had to bail because I had major surgery in July with complications.

One day a while ago, he sent me this text message asking if we were still planning on going in the spring. I said yes. This is how my brother can be...half hour later I get another text message saying great, he'll see us there, he's got his trip all booked including show tickets. He decided he wants to celebrate his birthday in Vegas with us. He didn't check with me first so he had no idea he picked a really bad week to go in terms of prices. He's older, makes really good money, travels a lot for work and fun and is an Aeromiles millionaire. He's not on my budget essentially. They pick their dates based on work and desire, not budget.

My husband and I decided we should go. But, I never said I would just shut up and go. I'm grateful I can afford it. I can suck it up and pay the money. A few years ago I would not have been able to do so. And I'm grateful my brother is making an effort. I bitch to you guys and my husband but I haven't said anything to my brother about the dates or the prices. I will say I need to help him pick dates if this works out and we decide to do this again. His wife doesn't like me, which is another long story. So this might be a one time thing. I'm hoping we all see a different side of each other with no real pressure and enjoy each other's company.

7. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I have never seen their prices so high. Usually I can get us in for under $500 RT, but right now they are running well over $750. I may have to use Frontier instead as their rates are pretty decent, just have to deal with a loooong layover. And not sure I want to deal with that on the way home.

We are looking to go March 3rd (or 5th) until Mach 12 as we are coming for the NASCAR race and possibly World of Outlaws earlier in the week. It is also CONEXPO at that time and the rates on the strip are pretty high. Fortunately, we have all the accommodations made. NOW, if the airfare would just come down. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Always seems so far away............
  8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pulled the trigger on airfare because I truly don't think it's going to come down for those dates. I waited for Cyber Monday hoping to catch something and didn't even catch a cold.

9. Jameezy

Jameezy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did my first march trip to vegas this year (march 6th-11) really nice weather. Not hot or cold.....just right. Think I might wanna book march again next year. Have fun!!

10. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya right now they are $225 for me, I can usually score it for about $150. I think by the end of month they'll go down cause prices in Feb just dropped.

Do it man, this will be my 4th consecutive March trip, my favorite time to go.

11. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just 'can't' pull that trigger yet. My other option if Frontier and I can get the two of us for around $535 BUT with a BIG 4 or 5 hour layover on the way home. Or, around $600 with less than an hour layover. I have a free one I can use with points but don't really want to use them if I can find a cheap enough rate.
    Also playing travel agent in planning the trip for a couple friends. They have given me their $$$ to plan their trip with us (for part of our stay) and they are on a tight budget so really want the rates to come down so they can have more money to have more fun... :beer:

Always seems so far away............
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.