1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Figuring Coin In

Discussion in 'Slots' started by weluvvegas, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if this has been asked before...but what is the formula to calculate coin in? Say, if I sit down at a penny machine, start with $100 betting $1.20 a spin and I'm able to pay for 2 hours at that rate before losing it all - is there a way to know how much coin was circulated through the machine during that time?

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're trying to estimate there's far too many variables for anyone here to accurately help you. How fast do you play? Do you take breaks? etc.

When you see people quoting coin-in on here they either have the number from their host, or they're using some reverse engineering on their tier credits. For instance if you're playing at a CET property, you get 1 TC for every $5 in play on a slot ($10 for VP). So if you started a trip with 0 TCs, and end the trip with 5000 TCs, playing only slots, you know that you had $25k in coin in (5000TCs X $5). If you mix up your gambling between slots and VP or tables it gets more complex, but you can still estimate. You also may have to adjust for the bonus TCs you can earn now for daily play amounts.

It gets real complicated at Mlife, as you have to take into account the variables like Resort Spend (if any), bonus multiplier, Specialty Slots vs. non-specialty, etc. However, you can still usually get a good feel for an approximate amount of coin in.

If you're interested in tracking this, you can either ask a host/rewards associate, or if you want to track on your own, I would track it daily so you can take into account the various bonuses and what not.

3. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I was trying to figure it out for MLife because that is mostly where we play. If I were to ask a host, would they be able to tell me my coin in for our last 3 trips (last year)? I'm really curious to see what the number would be. Also would they only be able to give me the number for each property separately or could they tell me overall? We generate about 30k tier credits over the course of 3 days or so (if that's any indicator) and we don't charge to our room or anything - so that would be strictly slot play.

40th Birthday Bash!
  4. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a players card, play a spin and note the point(s) earned on your spin. Your card score should be noted when you leave the machine.

Most players clubs give you consistent credits per dollar played, but MILFe slot points are tiered based on the type of machine. Some clubs also give you accelerated rates after reaching the next level of card.

5. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Mlife when you put your card in you get a running count for the session (well you did when I last played Mlife). When you start playing write down the number, when you finish playing write down the number. Multiple the difference by the cost to earn a point ($10 for VP).

Never talked to a host before about coin-in but you can do that or even ask the players club.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's tough to reverse calculate from Tier Credits or Express Comps or PointPlay, because of the different earning ratios for TCs, and the % bonuses you get on ECs and PointPlay because of your tier. Not to mention that "specialty machines" earn less of all those things.

But, there is a thing called a "base point", and that should always equate to $3 coin in. HGS (Holiday Gift Shop) points should always be the same as your base points, but they haven't updated them yet on the MLife website.

If you have a host, he/she should be able to quote your play in terms of base points. How far down they'll be willing to break it down in terms of separate trips and different hotels, I dunno.

A couple of weeks after my recent stay at MGM Grand, I email my host for stats and asked for coin-in and avg bet (if available).

She gave me time played, avg bet (rating) and win/loss for tables, and base points and win/loss for slots (but not avg bet).

You can't calculate coin in based on time - people don't press the spin button at the same rate.

7. weluvvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is "PointPlay" also based on base points? I've noticed in the past it usually matches the HGS number.

40th Birthday Bash!
  8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With most player card systems, there is a base card score, and a comp (or bonus point) score.

With many basic sytems, like my B-Connected, I get one (1) base point for each $1 coin-in. So ... if I start my trip with a base score of 50,000, and I finish my 5-day trip with a card score of 90,000 (NOT the bonus comp score), then I cycled $40,000 over 5 days, or a daily average of $8000/day.

With CET, playing video poker, it takes $10 coin-in to earn one (1) base point. So ... if I earn 4000 base points, then I again must have cycled $40,000 through the VP machines.

At the Four Queens downtown, it takes $8 coin-in to earn one (1) base point. So ... if I earn 4000 base points, then I have cycled $32,000 through the machines.

The above numbers have a completely different set of calculations when dealing with the comp score, or bonus points ... which might have different levels of bonus multipliers, and also go up & down as you earn them, and then spend them during your trip.

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has been a long while since playing at any MGM properties, but with CET there is a counter. As the previous poster listed, you get 1 point per $10 on VP and 1 point per $5 on slots.

The counter and you can see it start at 1000 for VP and 500 for slots. It decreases the amount of your bet. If you put in $100, was doing $1 per spin and at the end notice you only have 20 points you played a shitty machine. :D

When done playing, don't remove your card until it shows your points for the session. Simply multiply by $5 to get your total coin in. Remove and reinsert your card and it will provide the total for the day.

10. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have your card in the machine and they have a counter then thats what I would use to track coin in.

If you just want a rough idea then you can figure it out like:
    (# of spins per hour) x (bet) x (hours played) = coin in

If you are a sloooooow player then use 450-500 as an estimate for your spins per hour. If you are about average then use 600-650. If you are typically faster then use 750-800. If you are very fast then go with 1000.

Typically most people should be in the area of about 600 spins per hour and that would include taking time out to order a drink, cash out and move to a different machine and vary your play a little.

So if you want to go with $1.20 a spin for 2hrs a good estimate would be $1,440 in coin in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.